Oscar's To Do List

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Build a new station

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2011-12 was a Championship season, where Barnes was our top goal scorer whist playing in various roles (including CF, on the wing and AM). I agree he can't get 20 whilst playing up front on his own, unless he hits form early on. But he is capable of 10-12 goals as back up. I don't like him personally but he's good to have around.

When he's in the groove he has the knack (similar to Ulloa) to be in the right place at the right time to score. It's easy to underestimate this talent, which is something all the best top flight strikers have - I'd wager the likes of Lineker and Rush scored a high percentage of their goals from close in / tap ins etc. This is interestingly a skills that CMS either lacks or the role he's asked to play stops him from doing.

Having said that, when he's not on form, Barnes can be very frustrating.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I know this has been mentioned, but he needs to understand BHA's recent history (last 20 years or so). Once he has done this, he will fully appreciate where we have come from!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tell us that Brighton are the biggest club in the world and that there is no-where else he would rather be and that he will never even think about joining anyone else.

Tell us this at least once a day to reassure our more sensitive, needy and high maintenance fans.

This.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know this has been mentioned, but he needs to understand BHA's recent history (last 20 years or so). Once he has done this, he will fully appreciate where we have come from!

I'm not sure that it's essential that a Head Coach/Manager does fully understand the history. He needs to understand that the fans don't want him downplaying our rivalry with the Croydon lot, but isn't that about it for him?

Clearly, TB, the Board and PB need to understand the history so that they are conscious of fans' toes when making decisions and, especially, when constructing press releases.

But the Manager? Not so much as far as I'm concerned. Put it like this: if it was a choice between OG knowing all about Archer et al and losing 3 points because he spent a week learning about our history, I'd take the 3 points every time. Wouldn't you?

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No.1 on the to do list is to explain to the fans that he is not a Poyet clone and that he will be doing things differently in his own way.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Sign another left back or two. Take Bridcutt & Ulloa in to a dark room. Tell them they are ****ing brilliant. Then tell them you are ****ing brilliant. Demonstrate this clearly by shit*** into a jiffy bag addressed to a Mr I Holloway, Selhurst Shithouse, Scum City. Next ring a bell. Gully walks in. Punch gully in the beak & demand he posts the poo-laden package to the worzal. Send Bridcutt & Ulloa away screaming 'you'll never leave' whilst dancing to 'YMCA' on the wireless. Win most of your games.
My Lordy that's good. Well said Sir!

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Practice taking corners and free kicks. Then repeat. And then again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here