Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The interview with the senior policewoman makes it pretty clear it was a domestic. Presuming so, what an absolute scumbag and I hope he rots in hell!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now that is complete bollocks.
My Dad has lived in the UK all his life. At one point he had 3 shotguns and two air rifles.
It was well known that Oscar was concerned about his safety in SA and that he kept a pistol by his pillow, and a machine gun by his the window. When in the UK he felt safer (according to people he spent time with) and had very little security with him when out in the town. He wouldn't have had a gun if he lived in England.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It was well known that Oscar was concerned about his safety in SA and that he kept a pistol by his pillow, and a machine gun by his the window. When in the UK he felt safer (according to people he spent time with) and had very little security with him when out in the town. He probably wouldn't have had a gun if he lived in England.
Small pedantic correction as you cannot know for certain that he wouldn't have had a gun in England. I'll give you your point, in general, though.

Makes you wonder if he was so scared for his safety then why live there?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was well known that Oscar was concerned about his safety in SA and that he kept a pistol by his pillow, and a machine gun by his the window. When in the UK he felt safer (according to people he spent time with) and had very little security with him when out in the town. He wouldn't have had a gun if he lived in England.

Do you actually believe that? This where he lives Why Silver Woods - Silver Woods Country Estate. This estate will be predominantly white. It is essentially a high class prison camp, feeding the paranoia of it's residents.

If he did have a gun by his pillow and a machine gun by his window (yeah right), he is a seriously disturbed individual.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Do you actually believe that? This where he lives Why Silver Woods - Silver Woods Country Estate. This estate will be predominantly white. It is essentially a high class prison camp, feeding the paranoia of it's residents.

If he did have a gun by his pillow and a machine gun by his window (yeah right), he is a seriously disturbed individual.

whilst i have some sympathy with you defending your position KZN,and its not an easy task where SA is concerned,i think its only fair to say yes these estates yes do feed paranoia but to an extent the paranoia is justified,i am sure you are aware of the horror stories out there that will never see the light of day in the Uk with regard to house intrusion,no doubt some are urban myth but far too many the actual truth.

i found it shocking and surprising the house i stayed in at Sandton was surrounded by electrified fence and that my host had never even seen one of his neighbours in the 10 years he had been living there.

i have to say i was even more surprised the night 3 armed men snuck in and went Billy Boy Mental.

i saw the estate Pistorius lives on and was surprised how open plan it was......they must be a trusting bunch up there

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
whilst i have some sympathy with you defending your position KZN,and its not an easy task where SA is concerned,i think its only fair to say yes these estates yes do feed paranoia but to an extent the paranoia is justified,i am sure you are aware of the horror stories out there that will never see the light of day in the Uk with regard to house intrusion,no doubt some are urban myth but far too many the actual truth.

i found it shocking and surprising the house i stayed in at Sandton was surrounded by electrified fence and that my host had never even seen one of his neighbours in the 10 years he had been living there.

i have to say i was even more surprised the night 3 armed men snuck in and went Billy Boy Mental.

i saw the estate Pistorius lives on and was surprised how open plan it was......they must be a trusting bunch up there

I am sorry that this was your experience in Sandton, I truly am. I am not denying that this happens here.

If, however you told that story to parts of society here, the story would morph until thousands of people truly believed that it was going to happen to them, tonight. This is one of the many problems that SA faces.

Why are they trusting? There will be a very high wall/electric fence with razor wire running around the outside of that estate. Entry into the estate will be strictly limited. Anyone going in that has not left by a certain time will be investigated. That is the point of the estates like this - people are supposed to feel like they are living in a normal street, but know that the undesirable elements cannot get at them - people can actually walk out of their houses and down the road without fear of being mugged, raped, beheaded, 'cos that is what will happen to then outside of those estates, apparently. They will be paying a lot of money to keep the undesirables out. This is why I find it fascinating and disturbing that Oscar felt the need to keep a gun in his house.

If I actually felt that I had to move into one of those estates in order to continue living here, it would be time to leave.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its interesting you mention guns in the house,i think its important to recognize the difference between guns in the house and the opportunity/chance to use them for self defence.

when the house i was in was turned over the owner (who keeps a gun in a hidden place) never considered bringing his gun into play during the incident,he has always considered his gun as something that can be used to frighten off would be assailants rather than a shoot it out weapon

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Entry into the estate will be strictly limited. Anyone going in that has not left by a certain time will be investigated. That is the point of the estates like this

this is what should happen,but the robbers bribed the security guards,sometimes its a lose lose situation,they were from Zimbabwe though so at least blame can be apportioned even in a racist way(and i know as a SA you know what i mean)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
its interesting you mention guns in the house,i think its important to recognize the difference between guns in the house and the opportunity/chance to use them for self defence.

when the house i was in was turned over the owner (who keeps a gun in a hidden place) never considered bringing his gun into play during the incident,he has always considered his gun as something that can be used to frighten off would be assailants rather than a shoot it out weapon

Well indeed. I know women who carry guns around in their handbags and a lady who worked for me wanted me to keep pepper spray in the shop. I always ask them "under what circumstances would you use these things?" and I have yet to receive a sensible response. I find it all very sad.

Have just read this about Oscar. Pistorius surrounded by guns | News | National | Mail Guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

this is what should happen,but the robbers bribed the security guards,sometimes its a lose lose situation,they were from Zimbabwe though so at least blame can be apportioned even in a racist way(and i know as a SA you know what i mean)

Oh yes, that is another reason why I don't like these estates. Those there to protect you know what you are up to.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well indeed. I know women who carry guns around in their handbags and a lady who worked for me wanted me to keep pepper spray in the shop. I always ask them "under what circumstances would you use these things?" and I have yet to receive a sensible response. I find it all very sad.

i know where you are coming from but you have to admit people are scared concerning personal safety,maybe having pepper spray in the shop is a better option than a handgun,...i dont know chap.

i did get gang robbed in Innesfree park not so long ago(yes i seem to have poor luck) and i will admit the last thing i contemplated on having was a gun.if i had however in my possession a plastic chair i would have luzzed it at the assailants and no doubt won the day.....well i am english!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
i know where you are coming from but you have to admit people are scared concerning personal safety,maybe having pepper spray in the shop is a better option than a handgun,...i dont know chap.

i did get gang robbed in Innesfree park not so long ago(yes i seem to have poor luck) and i will admit the last thing i contemplated on having was a gun.if i had however in my possession a plastic chair i would have luzzed it at the assailants and no doubt won the day.....well i am english!

No, you are not very lucky are you!

I bought pepper spray for the shop - it made her feel better. I just suggested that if someone pointed a gun at her, spraying them in the face was perhaps not the greatest idea.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Bail application postponed until Tuesday.
National Prosecuting Authority intend to charge him with premeditated murder.
They are letting him stay in custody at local cop shop rather than prison.
Spent the entire time in court sobbing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here