Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Well he's not going to do a runner is he?

He hasn't got a leg to stand on!

Apologies if these have already been dusted off, I havent read the whole thread!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bail granted - R1m - cash R100,000, R900,000 furnish guarantee and surety. Accused to be released upon payment of cash upon following conditions:
appear in person in court C Pretoria on 4th June and thereafter
suurender all passports and travel documents before Monday
refrain from applying from any travel documents
Cannot go to an airport
must give up all guns
refrain from any communication with any witnesses
placed under supervision of a probation officer
accused shall inform officials of all journeys, before he makes them
must apply to travel outside of Pretoria
must allow access by court officials at all times
refrain from using drugs or alcohol
must not be accused of another offence against women!
will not return to his house or make contact with anyone at his estate other than 1 family

Matter postponed until June 4th.

Piss poor decision.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Bail granted - R1m - cash R100,000, R900,000 furnish guarantee and surety. Accused to be released upon payment of cash upon following conditions:
appear in person in court C Pretoria on 4th June and thereafter
suurender all passports and travel documents before Monday
refrain from applying from any travel documents
Cannot go to an airport
must give up all guns
refrain from any communication with any witnesses
placed under supervision of a probation officer
accused shall inform officials of all journeys, before he makes them
must apply to travel outside of Pretoria
must allow access by court officials at all times
refrain from using drugs or alcohol
will not return to his house or make contact with anyone at his estate other than 1 family

Piss poor decision.

I am pretty sure I heard the prosecuting lawyer and possible the judge refer to culpable homicide (as arguably the minimum OP can face). What is an average sort of sentence for that in SA?

I am pretty sure I heard the prosecuting lawyer and possible the judge refer to culpable homicide (as arguably the minimum OP can face). What is an average sort of sentence for that in SA?

30 hours community service by the look of what's already happened.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Piss poor decision.

That's the women safe. What about men ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

They did mention it. I have no idea - someone said 15 years the other day. I will try to find out.

I cannot believe the number of women I have spoken to in the last few days that are saying "poor Oscar".

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
They did mention it. I have no idea - someone said 15 years the other day. I will try to find out.

I cannot believe the number of women I have spoken to in the last few days that are saying "poor Oscar".

Your reply back to that should be "poor Reeva"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Your reply back to that should be "poor Reeva"

Well precisely, but it is extremely worrying. My wife says that most of the women she has spoken to are saying that it was an accident and poor him, boo hoo. They seem to think that arming yourself up to the eyeteeth is perfectly normal and well done him for trying to defend his property and his girlfriend!

I also see that one of his friends has been on CNN going on about the perceived level of crime in these secure estates. People do seem to have a siege mentality, driven by their own paranoia. It is unbelievable and very, very sad and Oscar's defence team are going to ramp this up now between now and the trial.

I can absolutely guarantee that their reaction to this would be totally different if Oscar's surname was Mchunu. My concern now is that we are going to hear lots of stories about how the white person lives in fear in South Africa, how the government do nothing about it and how gun controls were bought in so that the white man cannot defend himself. And a whole raft of other bigoted bollocks.

Well precisely, but it is extremely worrying. My wife says that most of the women she has spoken to are saying that it was an accident and poor him, boo hoo. They seem to think that arming yourself up to the eyeteeth is perfectly normal and well done him for trying to defend his property and his girlfriend!

I also see that one of his friends has been on CNN going on about the perceived level of crime in these secure estates. People do seem to have a siege mentality, driven by their own paranoia. It is unbelievable and very, very sad and Oscar's defence team are going to ramp this up now between now and the trial.

I can absolutely guarantee that their reaction to this would be totally different if Oscar's surname was Mchunu. My concern now is that we are going to hear lots of stories about how the white person lives in fear in South Africa, how the government do nothing about it and how gun controls were bought in so that the white man cannot defend himself. And a whole raft of other bigoted bollocks.

But it will make for great viewing back here.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
A woman, whose requested to address the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on the "mental state" of murder accused athlete Oscar Pistorius, has approached the Constitutional Court, the Saturday Star reported.
The woman, who identified herself as "Annamarie, last name uncertain, previously Riethmiller" in court on Thursday, has since filed papers with the Constitutional Court to have her application heard.
According to the report, she said she was contacted in a dream by Pistorius' mother Sheila, who told her to make sure Pistorius was sent for psychiatric evaluation.
After being rebuffed by the magistrate, she approached the High Court with her request to halt the bail application, but this court also rejected her application.
She claimed that the denial of her application, by Magistrate Desmond Nair, was a constitutional matter.
The newspaper reported that the woman was unsure when the Constitutional Court would hear the matter, but was returning to the United States on Saturday.
On Thursday she interrupted proceedings during Pistorius' bail application.
According to the document "Annamarie" handed to lawyers for the State and defence, the "urgent" motion, she wanted Pistorius to be placed under independent psychiatric observation for 60 days.
She also wanted Nair removed.
Pistorius is charged with murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
On Friday Nair granted Pistorius bail of R1million.
Annamarie claims to be the ex-wife of Dr Gerald Versfeld, who amputated Pistorius' legs when he was a child. She believed Pistorius had had a mental breakdown.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

There is no minimum sentence for Culpable Homicide and I cannot find anything about average sentences. Will see how his brother gets on first...

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
There is no minimum sentence for Culpable Homicide and I cannot find anything about average sentences. Will see how his brother gets on first...

Is there anyone involved in this case whom doesn't have a murder charge hanging over them???

As someone said earlier on, this is like a book or a Hollywood movie.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It seems very poor taste that the Pistorius "team" announced this memorial service at i think his uncles home.......why would you announce the fact ? This should be so private !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here