Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ore

Lush

Mods' Pet
Listening to station announcements got me wondering .. what is Ore? Where even is Ore? Doesn't it sound stupid to say "calling at Eastbourne and Ore?" Is it the most embarrassing and pointless terminus ever? Does anyone even live there? It it worth visiting?

Can anyone enlighten me about Ore?

It's a shithole, like no other shithole you've ever seen. Even by the standards of Hastings.

I'm given to understand that Southern are thinking of rebranding the station as East Hastings.

All change! Ore station to be renamed? - Local News - Hastings St. Leonards Observer

Ore_Station_in_late_2007.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I always like the sound of St Leonards Warrior Square. Never been there, but conjures up visions of a mighty army, possibly Roman or Viking, taking rest in the town square. Swords and shields EVERYWHERE!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior has to go to Ore on Wednesday to enrol with AITC

I always like the sound of St Leonards Warrior Square. Never been there, but conjures up visions of a mighty army, possibly Roman or Viking, taking rest in the town square. Swords and shields EVERYWHERE!
The Square itself is delightful. The station, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired (although they've improved it a lot in recent years).

warrior-square.jpg

St_Leonards_Warrior_Square_2009.JPG

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Can someone please tell me what the point is of having Aldrington, its a 5 min walk to Hove?

I have never known the reason or understood this one?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The station is quite interesting as it is situated right between two tunnels.

Can someone please tell me what the point is of having Aldrington, its a 5 min walk to Hove?

I have never known the reason or understood this one?
It was, of course, built as Dyke Junction Halt - and was the point where the railway to Devil's Dyke left what is now the Coastway West line.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Both Ore and Warrior Square are relative shit holes, but I'd take Warrior Square any day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Square itself is delightful. The station, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired (although they've improved it a lot in recent years).

warrior-square.jpg

St_Leonards_Warrior_Square_2009.JPG

Very nice looking Square indeed m'lud. Wasn't expecting that at all. Cheers. Oh, and dare say the best that can be said about the station is that it is functional and in the end that's all it needs to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here