Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Optimistic About Murray

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Not sure if I am reading too much into this but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Murray's last couple of goal celebrations against Swindon and the Daggers didn't strike me as a player on his way out in the summer. The way he's celebrated with the other players, he looks happier and more committed than at any time this season. There will always be rumours about our best players but he looks very content at the moment and bloody effective.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The 50 or there's something about Mary hand job gave way to two fingers and a thumb and forefinger 0 last night. He is waving at everyone as well.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not sure if I am reading too much into this but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Murray's last couple of goal celebrations against Swindon and the Daggers didn't strike me as a player on his way out in the summer. The way he's celebrated with the other players, he looks happier and more committed than at any time this season. There will always be rumours about our best players but he looks very content at the moment and bloody effective.

I have to say I thought the same after his goal on Sat.....looked very genuinely delighted, much more so than normal.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I got the feeling earlier in the season that poyet wasn't murrays biggest fan remembering the fact that Murray is not a poyet signing.He has also struggled to win over the Albion fans in recent seasons.Over the past few months poyet has been more complimentary about Murray & his contribution to the team.Having had his ups & downs with the Albion it would be a shame if he left now just before we move to a new stadium having slummed it at withdean for the last few years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't hear anything in what Gus had to say that implies that we are not prepared to do a deal or indeed that Muzza is asking for "too much". That is taking supposition a little too far (or perhaps confusing it with pessimism). Rather there is every reason to believe, from observing Murray and listening to Gus, that there is a wealth of goodwill on both sides. Whether or not a deal is eventually done, we are currently very much in the driving seat and shouldn't read too much into agents talking up their client's case and the press trying to fill column inches.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Murray been treated badly by Wilkins and joker twosome coaches can't blame him for attitude towarsd the club. Luckily lord Gus has restored order and won trust of Murray. Look at the way Gus celebrated Murray's 20th last night! Like Barnes' hug - Gus knows them soo well!

Gus may or may not have implied that Murray does want too much money but it does explain why he hasn't got a new contract yet.

If that is the reason and Gus does let him go then I'm with Gus. And I'm certain any replacement Gus brought in would be at least as good if not better; for the first time in decades we must be a very attractive proposition for potential new players, they'll be queuing up to sign for us.

That said, I hope that GP and GM can come to an agreement and he stays and scores shed loads next season.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I really can't see the Albion letting him go elsewhere. There was nothing in what Gus said other than like all strikers he wants a lot of money. To me Gus and Murray appear to have a much better relationship now than at the start of the season and I expect Murray to be with us next season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Derby are after him as rumoured we could be in trouble. They pay a lot of money...and its all about the money !

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don't hear anything in what Gus had to say that implies that we are not prepared to do a deal or indeed that Muzza is asking for "too much". That is taking supposition a little too far (or perhaps confusing it with pessimism). Rather there is every reason to believe, from observing Murray and listening to Gus, that there is a wealth of goodwill on both sides. Whether or not a deal is eventually done, we are currently very much in the driving seat and shouldn't read too much into agents talking up their client's case and the press trying to fill column inches.

I totally agree with this. Normally with such a high profile player coming to the end of a contract you would expect to hear a lot more noise from both sides, agents agitating in the press etc and all sort of rumours and counter rumours. In this case both parties have barely said a word in public let alone a bad word. I suspect that both the club and player know exactly what position they are and are comfortable with it. I think he'll stay.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think he won't even consider his future until the summer when he'll go out, get the best deal he can on open market, come back to us and say, match it and I'm yours. Let the market set the price and then ball is in the club's court and expect GP and TB to do the right thing in that case.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I thought Bennett looked happy and content before his transfer request

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here