Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Optimistic About Murray

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought Bennett looked happy and content before his transfer request

I am happy and contented in my job, doesn't mean if a better company offered to quadrouple my salary I wouldn't be interested in leaving!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am happy and contented in my job, doesn't mean if a better company offered to quadrouple my salary I wouldn't be interested in leaving!

Won't argue about the money or Norwich's current position above us but I'm not sure I'd call them a BETTER club than us anymore, within in two years I reckon we'll finish above them in the league. Even if they do go up this year.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
But that's in a few years. At this moment in time, if I was good enough to be able to play professional football and I wasn't a Brighton fan, I'd go to Norwich over Brighton. We hve teh potential to be a great club again, and I honestly believe with Gus, Tony, Tanno and Charlie running things that we will be in time, but we have to be Patient. Gus said himself, he doesn't want us to get too high too quickly and go bust, so I wouldn't expect to see us pushing for the Premiership just yet.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no goodwill in football,he will be off in the summer,most clubs in the championship will pay more than we can afford

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
The players aren't stupid: they see a 22.500 seat stadium promising to sell out each week, and promotion too: they want a bigger slice, all of them. It will be a summer of hard negotiation, but I suspect all will want to stay for the excitement of next season. It's just whether their agents try to wangle too much cash out of the club: I don't think Gus will stand for that and would rather tell the players to leave.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The players aren't stupid: they see a 22.500 seat stadium promising to sell out each week, and promotion too: they want a bigger slice, all of them. It will be a summer of hard negotiation, but I suspect all will want to stay for the excitement of next season. It's just whether their agents try to wangle too much cash out of the club: I don't think Gus will stand for that and would rather tell the players to leave.

You're right. Players won't see the stadium in the same way as fans. They will only see it mostly in terms of extra revenue for the club and therefore higher wages. As a hypothetical example they would rather still play at Withdean for £10K a week than at the Amex for £5K a week.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Murray on Murray @ the start of this vid. Sounds good to me :albion1:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the signing-on fee may be more an issue than the salary in terms of competing with other clubs. Think we will just have to wait and see but I wouldn't be too pessimistic just yet.

anyway, Millwall seemingly out of the equation so that just leaves Derby of those reported to be currently interested

Jackett quashes Murray talk | Sky Sports | Football | League One | News

Have to say I like Kenny Jackett. That's the second time this season he has come out quickly to quash rumours (first was Bennett) connecting Millwall to our players.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here