Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opened an invitation to Wrexham to join us at White Hart Lane

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do think that at times you forget which side you are supposed to be a fan of Nic. I don't think it's overly wise to unilaterally invite a neutral set of fans when tickets may well be at a premium.

Nice sentiment, but on this occasion I think you've dropped a bollock. This is OUR third round match. We don't get too many of these type games, and we will sell out our allocation quite comfortably.

And Biscuit, be quiet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On the Left Wing said:
Guys .... there is gonna be loads of tickets for all!!!

FFS Spurs won't even fill their home quota!

There is a bit of history between the two clubs. More history than against Reading in all the matches even before kick-off in the first one at the Goldstone.

We have never played Spurs in the FA Cup and we did not ever play them in a first class match until we met them in Division Two in 1979 and then it was a capacity 48,000+ at White Hart Lane.
(That is over 15,000 above the Spurs average gate at the time.)

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm all for them joining us IF there are any tickets left. Let us take what we want first and if theres any left then let them have what they want. I think to invite non-albion fans to a massive game like this where our own fans may have to miss out is a very, very stupid thing to do.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The old moral "act in haste, repent at your leisure" applies to this situation. If OTLW had posted the idea here first he'd have got a reaction that probably would have made him think again. As it is he's more than likely feeling pretty shit right now about the whole situation so let's not put the boot in any more. Sometimes things done with the best intentions are still wrong, and this was one of those.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
It appears that OTLW has completely lost the plot in recent weeks. First he claimed he had tears in his eyes simply because Wrexham fans were making a 'Wrexham 4 Falmer' banner. Now he's inviting Wrexham fans to Brighton's big cup day out and is asking them to sing 'Men of Harlech' in the White Hart Lane away end.

Dear oh dear......

:nono: :eek: :nono:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
It appears that OTLW has completely lost the plot in recent weeks. First he claimed he had tears in his eyes simply because Wrexham fans were making a 'Wrexham 4 Falmer' banner. Now he's inviting Wrexham fans to Brighton's big cup day out and is asking them to sing 'Men of Harlech' in the White Hart Lane away end.

Dear oh dear......

:nono: :eek: :nono:

:lolol: here we go again!

Jealous because we invited another team?

JOKE, please don't fly off the handle again.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biscuit said:
Jealous because we invited another team?

There'd have been no point in inviting us - we're home to Blackburn Rovers. Dream tie as far as I'm concerned. Premiership opposition, decent crowd, possible chance of an upset (although I won't bet on it) and, best of all, an opportunity to heckle Mark 'Negative Tosser' Hughes for 90 minutes!

Marvellous scenes.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is a STOOPID idea but one made with the best intentions at heart, let's lay it to rest now. Sorry Nic but you've gone a bit far here.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There'd have been no point in inviting us - we're home to Blackburn Rovers. Dream tie as far as I'm concerned. Premiership opposition, decent crowd, possible chance of an upset (although I won't bet on it) and, best of all, an opportunity to heckle Mark 'Negative Tosser' Hughes for 90 minutes!

Marvellous scenes.....

:drink: sounds like a top draw! Enjoy it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
There'd have been no point in inviting us - we're home to Blackburn Rovers. Dream tie as far as I'm concerned. Premiership opposition, decent crowd, possible chance of an upset...

... and, of course, the chance of a decent ruck with Premiership fans. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Wozza said:
... and, of course, the chance of a decent ruck with Premiership fans.

Naah. Blackburn are in the lightweight division. But there's a heavyweight contest at Bramall Lane in a fortnight, quickly followed by a return bout with those lovely lads from Wolverhampton. They gave us a wonderful welcome outside Molineaux earlier this season, so that one might make a few headlines.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
How many tickets are you getting? I imagine you'll sell out. It would be nice to come and its a nice idea but after all its your day. Thanks for the idea but I wouldn't want to steal any fans tickets.
I'm pretty certain you'll sell out so I think its best Wrexham stay away!

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
CrabtreeBHA said:
OTLW, next time engage brain before posting on another board, some 10 year old BHA fan may well miss out on a dream away day because of this :angry:

Drama queen !! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here