Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Onto the real stuff - What are you most excited about for the upcoming season?

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
The best time of year.

Its Christmas morning pre-season, you come downstairs onto NSC, and see the presents new players wrapped up in the new kit under the tree on the training pitch. You haven't yet found out which ones don't include batteries have no left foot.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
'Brighton Boys' (Schools), I should clarify - rather than Brighton & Hove Albion.

@Han Solo - are you following this thing? The scale of it is quite something :eek:
Not this year but usually try to catch the streams of the finals in various age groups. And listen to the fuzz about the best players.
Biggest youth tournament in the world and important scouting ground not least when it comes to African players. IFK Göteborg discovered our own Yalcouye that way, for instance.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
- Ferguson healthy and hungry
- Mitoma delivering his Doctorate thesis to defenders again
- Wiefer fitting right in and bringing energy and aggressiveness
- ACD, Minteh and Osman adding much needed pace
- Hinchelwood, Buonanotte and Enciso and Barco maturing into top talents
- Solly fully fit
- 1 starting Keeper - Bart
- Set Piece Goals

My hopes for the season, with a top 6 finish 🍒

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I’m so very excited that I’ve got tickets for myself and my grandson for our first game at Everton, got train tickets sorted as well. I might even buy the new shirt with ‘Mr. Excited’ printed on the back. Exciting times, what? :clap:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Seeing the new sprogs in action, and hopefully seeing Hinsh develop into a top player this season. Could be our next home grown gem.

Oh, and please can we sign a right back then we are all there.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As most have said I too am excited about everything.

Bloom has solidified our identity as a forward thinking and aggressive team that is prepared to take chances to give us an edge as we cannot wantonly spend our way to success. The new manager and the attacking players we have acquired this offseason have fed into that philosophy perfectly. Hopefully the addition of Wieffer will solidify the midfield whilst the wingers and other attackers torment our opponents.

We also have the ongoing development of Barco, Baleba, Hinsh, Enciso, Facundo, Ferguson to look forward to also. This could be a very exciting season. I personally think top six will be beyond us but I am now allowing myself to believe we have a shot at top 8 and another cup run.

Cannot wait!

Last edited:

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Hammering the 3 teams coming up, and the last seasons bottom 4 who didn't go down. ie teams where we dropped a lot of points last season.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I must be nobody then.

I’m just genuinely surprised, I don’t get watching athletics at all. I get it from the athlete’s perspective, but not from a spectator perspective outside of a school sports day, or being immediate family/close friend of someone taking part. I always assumed that this was why you could still watch it on terrestrial TV.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
114 years of hurt…it’s coming ‘ome!
IMG_4491.jpeg

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’m just genuinely surprised, I don’t get watching athletics at all. I get it from the athlete’s perspective, but not from a spectator perspective outside of a school sports day, or being immediate family/close friend of someone taking part. I always assumed that this was why you could still watch it on terrestrial TV.
You've misunderstood the whole thing... Handball is where the entertainment is.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Nobody enjoys the Olympics, they’re just something you have to tolerate while you’re waiting for the football to restart.
On the contrary, I find lots of people enjoy the Olympics in a really bizarre way. “Oooh did you see the cycling/sailing/curling/window cleaning championships?” despite the fact these people have literally no interest in the sport at any other time. Another one’s that Rugby World Cup, I know plenty of people that have paid a small fortune to go to it despite having never been to a Rugby match. Some people would literally go to the opening of an envelope if Sky Sports promoted it enough.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Aren't the Olympics one of the, if not the most watched sporting event worldwide?

I'll admit that when I went to them a few years ago we went to a single session of athletics and a whole mix of other things (my interest in Women's Beach Volleyball is strictly sporting, you understand). But then I was really pissed off to have missed the men's 100m final on the television while having a shower or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here