Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only one shot on target again!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be be honest after the lack of entertainment over the last two home games and with other possibilities pre Xmas, I would miss the Burnley match if I did not have a season.

If you're coming to the game with that attitude - DON'T BOTHER

Sell your ticket to someone who's going to come along and support the team, rather than sit there being bored and moaning.

f***ing hell. 7th in the Championship and people are BORED. Have a facepalm for your efforts.

:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
If you're coming to the game with that attitude - DON'T BOTHER

Sell your ticket to someone who's going to come along and support the team, rather than sit there being bored and moaning.

f***ing hell. 7th in the Championship and people are BORED. Have a facepalm for your efforts.

:facepalm:
that was polite

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Politeness is not something I reserve for people who are fed up with going to the Amex already because the best team we've had in 20 years is apparently "boring".

Don't you pay your hard earned cash to see some goalmouth action in the opposing team's area though?

Or are you totally happy deep down that it is all up our end with the occasional sortie up the other end?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you pay your hard earned cash to see some goalmouth action in the opposing team's area though?

Or are you totally happy deep down that it is all up our end with the occasional sortie up the other end?

So you're seriously expecting to see us regularly battering teams at this level ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Probably the worse thing we could've done this season is hit the top of the table for a few weeks. It INSTANTLY gave so many people totally unrealistic expectations as to where we stand in the pecking order in this league. When we (inevitably) fell from those lofty heights, some people are oh so quick to lose all sense of perspective and start whining about how crap we apparently are now.

I'm loving this season. I feel I've been richly entertained at the Amex so far, every game has been either exciting, compelling or nerve-shredding. At no point do I think we've been totally outclassed, and if there's not enough action in the oppo's goalmouth, well thats the price you pay for stepping up a level and still being a work in progress.

I'm genuinely amazed some people aren't enjoying the ride this season. I can only put that down to them having totally, totally unrealistic expectations.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only listened to the game on Radio Sussex and please correct me if I am wrong but didnt Lua Lua hit the outside of the post with a freekick in the first half.

A brilliant 25 yard screamer on a beautiful lay off from a free kick which hit the post but spun away in the wrong direction. I had my hands up in the air ready to celebrate it going in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you're seriously expecting to see us regularly battering teams at this level ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Probably the worse thing we could've done this season is hit the top of the table for a few weeks. It INSTANTLY gave so many people totally unrealistic expectations as to where we stand in the pecking order in this league. When we (inevitably) fell from those lofty heights, some people are oh so quick to lose all sense of perspective and start whining about how crap we apparently are now.

I'm loving this season. I feel I've been richly entertained at the Amex so far, every game has been either exciting, compelling or nerve-shredding. At no point do I think we've been totally outclassed, and if there's not enough action in the oppo's goalmouth, well thats the price you pay for stepping up a level and still being a work in progress.

I'm genuinely amazed some people aren't enjoying the ride this season. I can only put that down to them having totally, totally unrealistic expectations.

Have to say that i agree with all of this post-
Look back to when we were top,i got carried away too & predicted a play off berth(note:not to be confused with-expected) however even back then after stripping away the "crest of a promotion wave" factor,i still appreciated we were in a false position,in relation to the teams we had played then.

I normally judge a season after 12 league games or where we are at the start of October,whichever comes first,from memory we were about 10th ? at that stage and on the slide after-thankfully we had a great start and a bad run early-

I think we will end up mid table with a play off flirtation at best....

That will represent a decent return as we look to finally stay established at this level.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
But you would say that wouldn't you? Lets be honest, you have a nicer stadium than us for now but football isn't won in the stands it's one on the pitch. And our talented youngsters are all signed up on long term deals, they're only going to get better and there's more on the way. The futures bright :clap2:
Yes we do have a better stadium than you,despite all the vandalism from your fans!!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
What the hell are you worried about? We are just 18 points from safety and we are not even half way through the season. A couple of wins over the Christmas period and we will still be in touch with the chasing pack.

I despair at the lack of intellect some of our fans display on here. Do you honestly expect us to go straight up? Do you not realise the clubs around us have been in this division or the Prem for years? Whereas this is the first season we have been competitive at this standard since 1991?

A-f***ing-men

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Indeed.

Trouble is some people are so f***ing impatient. "I want to be entertained, I want goalmouth action, I want us to be beating the likes of West Ham and Leeds with EASE. And I want ALL THIS NOW, NOW, NOW or I will go back to watching Sky Prem silky balls football cos Brighton are SHIT."

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford

You pay your hard earned cash to watch the Albion to win. What is more entertaining than that? If you want to see a show f*** off to the westend on saturday

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Trouble is some people are so f***ing impatient. "I want to be entertained, I want goalmouth action, I want us to be beating the likes of West Ham and Leeds with EASE. And I want ALL THIS NOW, NOW, NOW or I will go back to watching Sky Prem silky balls football cos Brighton are SHIT."

Very true. I don't think some of our fans understand what a competitive division the Championship is. It's 10 times stronger than last time we were in it and struggling against relegation. I know Forest are in the bottom three but the moaning moron's that sit behind me at the Amex turned up and were saying to each other they were expecting us to win 4-0 or 5-0. Absolute muppets!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Indeed.

Yep, that's the way of a lot of it comes across to me. Constructive criticism is fine, everyone is going to be looking at how we can improve, which players need to pull their socks up, after a loss etc.. it's a message-board for discussion of such things afterall - but the tone in which most of it is said seems to display a complete lack of perspective and makes those in question look like whining brats.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The lack of shots and opportunties is a concern, give Gus some credit playing two wingers away from home was positive the only problem was playing only one upfront we just don't get the bodies in the box.

For me I just want to se us play an outright 4-4-2, I really think CMS with either Barnes or Hoskins as striking partners would work.

We are defending well and Greer and Dunk look as solid as any back two in the league.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
This raises the question, would it really matter who we signed as a striker, even Van Persie would struggle with the service and attacking danger we pose, I can see Gus doesn't want to lose games, that is a priority but with the front men we have surely we should be creating more chances for CMS or the other attacking players, maybe we'll see a change if ever ALL the attackers are fit at the same time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I did think it was ODD that we had TWO wingers and CMS alone up front. Unles Buckley was gonna start as pseudo winger/striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here