Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a thousand ish tickets LEFT for our first fifth round FA Cup match in 25 years

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
5th round of the FA Cup against Premiership opposition?

I will be fuming if we don't play a full strength side.

Cant see it as i feel Gus believes we got a more important game a few days later.

Personally I'm not bothered, just can't get any enthusiasm for the game.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Thats the game you fans having dedicated to your "special" away day,or something? lmfao 2000,and you been trying for 6-8 weeks to drum up support.

That's presold tickets, we'll have 3,500 there. Considering we played there under a month ago in the FA Cup and took 1,000 there, it's not bad.

Can't be bothered to do a double quote but you couldn't sell out the Withdean against us when McAnuff smashed in a last minute winner so no need to get overly stubborn :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My overriding memories of playing Stoke are:

1) Getting thrashed 4-0 by an already relegated Stoke side in the last game of one season at that Goldstone

2) Getting thrashed 4-0 (it might have been 5) by Stoke, under McGhee at Withdean, last game of the season, when we were already relegated, and the players essentially gave a great big "f*** you" to the supporters who bothered to turn up. A bloke called Rooney scored a hat trick for them. Spineless, we were.

I'm still going to the Britannia, however :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
2) Getting thrashed 4-0 (it might have been 5) by Stoke, under McGhee at Withdean, last game of the season, when we were already relegated, and the players essentially gave a great big "f*** you" to the supporters who bothered to turn up. A bloke called Rooney scored a hat trick for them. Spineless, we were.

It was 5-1. Doug Loft scored a belter, and got awarded MOTM by the sponsors despite only playing the last 12 minutes!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My abiding memory of Stoke is the last game of the season in 88-89. 2 - 2 draw at the old victoria ground. Was amazed at the ground surrounded by terraced houses. Think Nelson scored that day.

victoria-ground-stoke-afl03_aerofilms_612425_2990495.jpg

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Not going, i have no enthusiasm for this game whatsoever. Been to the Brit before and nearly died (literally) so only have bad memories of the place.
Thats not the main reasons though, they are financial, so if cash flow has eased up i will go to MK instead, having priced that at £90 including flights, trains, match ticket and overnight in a hotel. Seems much more appealing than a trip to Stoke to freeze my bollocks off in the coldest stadium i have ever visited for a game we will probably lose.

Had i not been to Stoke before though i would probably find the money and go.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not going, i have no enthusiasm for this game whatsoever. Been to the Brit before and nearly died (literally) so only have bad memories of the place.
Thats not the main reasons though, they are financial, so if cash flow has eased up i will go to MK instead, having priced that at £90 including flights, trains, match ticket and overnight in a hotel. Seems much more appealing than a trip to Stoke to freeze my bollocks off in the coldest stadium i have ever visited for a game we will probably lose.

Had i not been to Stoke before though i would probably find the money and go.

Exactly how close did you get to dying? What happened?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i will go to MK instead, having priced that at £90 including flights, trains, match ticket and overnight in a hotel. .

Well the match tickets are £25, so I'm impressed with the rest.

£65 to fly down (to Luton?), transport from there to MK, AND a hotel room?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
My ticket bought yesterday morning, online, was numbered 2000 plus - not sure if this represents numbers sold, but good if it does.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My ticket bought yesterday morning, online, was numbered 2000 plus - not sure if this represents numbers sold, but good if it does.

It doesn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It doesn't.

I bought numbers around 3200, yesterday.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Exactly how close did you get to dying? What happened?

Nothing to do with Stoke itself but as i was walking to the ground i kept feeling my thigh was getting tighter and tighter and i was having to sit down after every 10 paces or so, it honestly felt like my thigh muscle was going to split. During the game i was shivering really badly and an old lady in front even offered me her blanket. The following day i went to the RSCH and was diagnosed with a DVT (blood clot) which had reached my groin, the doc reckoned another day and it could have been in my lungs or my heart.

Well the match tickets are £25, so I'm impressed with the rest.

£65 to fly down (to Luton?), transport from there to MK, AND a hotel room?

Flights are £30-00, return train from luton to mk £7-99, hotel £46-00 (for two of us so £23-00 each), match ticket £25-00, seeing the Albion take apart the franchise PRICELESS

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If somebody wants to buy me a match and train ticket then I'll go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here