Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 900 tickets for general sale per match at Amex

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I have just got back from the 1.30pm season ticket presentation. During the course of it we were told that if as expected, the season tickets sell out, then there will only be 900 tickets put on 'general sale' for home fans per home league match.
Apologies if this is old news but I have read other posts on here talking about possibly 3,000 tickets being on general sale per match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Makes you wonder how close they are already to submitting plans to fill the corners in?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Makes you wonder how close they are already to submitting plans to fill the corners in?
Indeed. Surely they'll push the button that says "apply for permission" as soon as season tix sell out. I wonder what sort of additional capacity they will provide? I'm assuming it'll be around 2,000 extra seats, with another 5,000 if they ever add another tier to the East.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was told that they would sell the 900 left as season tickets if the demand was there, but you wouldn't get a claim on them for cup ties if the opposing team needed them.
So I wouldn't be surprised if there were no tickets on general sale.

Now I'm an optimist with regards to Falmer but apart from the 1st few games I really don't believe we will sell out every game, which I think you are suggesting could happen. I will be quite stunned if we only have 900 seats left for general sale. If this is the case then Tony Bloom and his team really are related to Midas

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Its all sales talk, to make you panic and put pressure on you to purchase a ST on the premise that you wont be able to get single game ones.

Its obviously working innit!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Its all sales talk, to make you panic and put pressure on you to purchase a ST on the premise that you wont be able to get single game ones.

Its obviously working innit!

sssshhh!:whistle:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just so I understand........22500 capacity. Say 2500 visiting fans say 3000 corporate fans, that leaves 17000 tickets, are the club saying that they are going to sell 16000 season tickets? Last week a club "insider" told me that they had sold around 7000? there must have been some movement in the last week for them to say there will only be 900 on general sale.......

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It seems to be a different story, depending on who you ask at the club. One of them says 'only 900', another-something totally different and Insider swerving all ST questions. Guess we'll all know soon enough.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Indeed. Surely they'll push the button that says "apply for permission" as soon as season tix sell out. I wonder what sort of additional capacity they will provide? I'm assuming it'll be around 2,000 extra seats, with another 5,000 if they ever add another tier to the East.

22,500 with the ability to fill in the corners and add a stand to the east making the maximum size of the ground 35,000 :) east stand sounds fairly big and you will fit about 1000 seats a corner i reckon

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
22,500 with the ability to fill in the corners and add a stand to the east making the maximum size of the ground 35,000 :) east stand sounds fairly big and you will fit about 1000 seats a corner i reckon

Fun and games getting 35,000 in and out and to and from Falmer ,eh!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I asked about the corners at the presentation I had on Monday.

Ken Brown gave a knowing chuckle and words along the lines of "well, I think you might be seeing a planning application going in very soon". I certainly got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that the club won't be hanging around on this.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm almost certain there will be 900 on a match-to-match basis. They won't sell them as season tickets because they want new fans to be able to see the team, as well as long-standing fans that do not purchase a season ticket. Especially with regard to the former, if they are able to see the team play and subsequently get interested then they will be far more likely to buy season tickets when they become available when we expand. Also some of these seats will go to Albion in the Community and others. We will be expanding very soon, subject to planning permission of course.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Will hate to see people just get a season ticket because its a new stadium..i know a few friends who were asking current sth to add them as their 3 extras, these people dont even support the team and will not turn up after the first few games

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will hate to see people just get a season ticket because its a new stadium..i know a few friends who were asking current sth to add them as their 3 extras, these people dont even support the team and will not turn up after the first few games

They must have a HELL of a lot of exposable income then, to blow the thick end of £500 on something they'll only use a few times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here