Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 375 1901 Club Places remaining. Out of 2000

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
I am a 'proper' fan, done my time of 10 years + at withdean, 10 years of goldstone before that. Lucky enough to get hold of a 1901 seat. I for one will be singing my heart out and encouraging everyone around me to do so too. Of course there will be business types, but I think you will be pleasantly suprised at the lack of "prawn sandwich brigade" in this section. I will make sure of it. punk:

Also while I'm thinking about it. In the first season I would be very keen to sit at other parts of the ground too, so if anybody would be interested in swapping for the odd game, I would really appreciate it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am a 'proper' fan, done my time of 10 years + at withdean, 10 years of goldstone before that. Lucky enough to get hold of a 1901 seat. I for one will be singing my heart out and encouraging everyone around me to do so too. Of course there will be business types, but I think you will be pleasantly suprised at the lack of "prawn sandwich brigade" in this section. I will make sure of it. punk:

Also while I'm thinking about it. In the first season I would be very keen to sit at other parts of the ground too, so if anybody would be interested in swapping for the odd game, I would really appreciate it.

I'm sure you'd get some takers, I would have gone for a Premium seat, but for the fact that I take my 3 boys along with me, and I can't afford 4 premium seats !!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And anyone who buys tickets for the Albion - even for Falmer are not glory-hunters.

Exactly. I don't understand why people think like this. We're a league 1 club soon to have a nice ground. We need all the so called glory hunters we can get. What's the point in building Falmer if only the people who went to withdean turn up.

The corporate boys are going to be subsidising the rest of our season tickets. I'd rather have the revenue they generate, they're not going to affect the atmosphere in the cheap seats are they.

I agree this will be a good idea and am all up for it but have a bit of a concern about the new cashless facility that will exist.

So you put 30 quid on your smart card, swap it with someone you've never met and next time you go to use it there's nothing left? Just a thought :ohmy:

I agree this will be a good idea and am all up for it but have a bit of a concern about the new cashless facility that will exist.

So you put 30 quid on your smart card, swap it with someone you've never met and next time you go to use it there's nothing left? Just a thought :ohmy:
The club provide a 1901 club concierge who can sell tickets for individual games for you. This is done by issuing paper tickets for the games in question.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
The club provide a 1901 club concierge who can sell tickets for individual games for you. This is done by issuing paper tickets for the games in question.

Just to clarify then, because I have pretty much joined the 1901 Club without knowing the full details, if I wanted to go behind the goal for a game I could still use my 1901 Club membership to get one without paying again?

As for the swapping. I will gladly let someone have my seat for a few games.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have gone for the Platinum seat, not because I am loaded, but because i had the money to pay the upfront fee now and the rest os about the price of a London gym membership. What would I rather do witht he money? No contest.

I stood in the North Stand for years, I have been to Rochdale on a Tueaday night, I bought my Hereford ticket long before it was even an issue. not looking for a medal, although one would be nice, but the I would count myself as a real fan and I hope there will be plenty there with me too. Sounds like there will. Let's hope we're the loudest posh seats in the league!

I have gone for Gold on the same sort of basis. Platinum is more for your business environment, Gold is a mixture of business and solid Albion fans from what I can establish.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have gone for Gold on the same sort of basis. Platinum is more for your business environment, Gold is a mixture of business and solid Albion fans from what I can establish.

How much more wrong can you be? When the Platinum seats were being sold, they thought they had a problem because just so many fans were buying them, and they were concerend that there wouldn't be enough left for the corporate buyers. There was supposed to be Platinum (for corporate) Gold, Silver and Bronze options, providing a wide range to customers. But so many fans were all buying the Platinum seats, they even made part of the lower tier Platinum, hence there is now only Platinum and Gold. This all happened before the non Albion related corporate were given the oppertunity to buy.

There is even a waiting list of corporate buyers offering to buy out Platinum seat holders, who have bought Gold seats in the interim. I 'established' this from the sales team when they told us this was the case.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

How much more wrong can you be? When the Platinum seats were being sold, they thought they had a problem because just so many fans were buying them, and they were concerend that there wouldn't be enough left for the corporate buyers. There was supposed to be Platinum (for corporate) Gold, Silver and Bronze options, providing a wide range to customers. But so many fans were all buying the Platinum seats, they even made part of the lower tier Platinum, hence there is now only Platinum and Gold. This all happened before the non Albion related corporate were given the oppertunity to buy.

There is even a waiting list of corporate buyers offering to buy out Platinum seat holders, who have bought Gold seats in the interim. I 'established' this from the sales team when they told us this was the case.

I meant Platinum was created for your business environment. Gold for a mixture of both

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The 1901 buyers are alright by me. Thay have put their cash up front early and helped to provide an early feel-good factor to the Amex story. It is not impossible to imagine the circumstance where the reports are more "white elephant".

And anyone who buys tickets for the Albion - even for Falmer are not glory-hunters.
Totally agree, fair play to all those who've stumped up for the 1901 club, I hope you enjoy yourselves every game.

And as you say the mere fact that it HAS been popular has helped to create the 'buzz' about the new ground. If sales had been slack we'd all be worrying about Falmer being a white elephant.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Totally agree with Phil, I get so fed up with some fans who have a go at the 1901 club members, who mainly are fans that can afford a bit of class after years of getting wet and cold at Withdean. If they want to discuss some business before, half time or after whilst giving and supporting the Albion, then what's the issue. My son and I have brought Gold seats, but I am not doing it for business reasons, just doing as I love to watch my football team in a bloody nice stadium and if that helps the Albion with some cash to move forward, then its a win win situation.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE - My wife actually encouraged me to go for gold to make up for all the years at Withdean and indeed on the east terrace at the Goldstone. A little bit of luxury for a few seasons - why not?

ordinary fan who will make a lot of noise and eat a ginsters rather than a prawn sandwich.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Even with 2000 empty seats, the club still has a nice healthy cashflow. I'll barely make a quarter of the games but will pay for 2 seats - does that mean I don't care as much?

Besides I'll be trying to get potential future fans to use my seats whilst away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Lucky enough to get hold of a 1901 seat. I for one will be singing my heart out and encouraging everyone around me to do so too. Of course there will be business types, but I think you will be pleasantly suprised at the lack of "prawn sandwich brigade" in this section. I will make sure of it. punk:

I am a 'proper' fan, done my time of 10 years + at withdean, 10 years of goldstone before that, however, I never sing at football matches, does that make me a bad fan or a business type please? :albion2:

Just to clarify then, because I have pretty much joined the 1901 Club without knowing the full details, if I wanted to go behind the goal for a game I could still use my 1901 Club membership to get one without paying again?

As for the swapping. I will gladly let someone have my seat for a few games.
I'm sure that can be arranged but not what it was meant for. If you can't go to a game, they will sell it on your behalf at the going rate to stop touting. Not sure if you get paper tickets automatically or only for games you can't make so don't know how it works. No idea for ST holders either as they haven't released details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here