Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 375 1901 Club Places remaining. Out of 2000

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm sure that can be arranged but not what it was meant for. If you can't go to a game, they will sell it on your behalf at the going rate to stop touting. Not sure if you get paper tickets automatically or only for games you can't make so don't know how it works. No idea for ST holders either as they haven't released details.

For what it's worth I was told that 1901 Club Members get a book of match tickets along with the smart card.

I am a 'proper' fan, done my time of 10 years + at withdean, 10 years of goldstone before that, however, I never sing at football matches, does that make me a bad fan or a business type please? :albion2:
Substitute 10 years at the Goldstone for 19 and that is me. Did the crowd surge/singing/most away games thing in my twenties. Now I have other priorities and other preferred methods of watching football as I approach 40 so this is ideal for me. The chance to have a nice pint in a nice lounge before the game and then watch from the front row of the middle tier is what I bought into. Too many people seem to be confusing 1901 with Executive boxes. Especially Gold as you only get buffet style dining on request. What we in the 1901 Gold have bought is essentially the second best seats in the house at the second highest price outside of hospitality. Take the 1901 club part out of it and it is the same as any club in the country - tiered pricing.

The funny part that is you gave the people whinging about there not being enough "pukka" seats left for "fans", they would whine 50 times more if they were given a seat in the middle tier about the lack of atmosphere/rat pies/"real fans"/singing/God Knows what else.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Can't believe this debate is happening. After the years and years of uncertainty over whether we would gain planning permission for Falmer, not to mention witnessing the Goldstone crumbling beneath us, the trek to Gillingham, the years of getting soaked / lack of atmosphere at Withdean, we now have a superb stadium rising daily.

Lets just enjoy whats happening and think how much we would have given from 1997 to Dec 2008 (first shovel in the ground at Falmer) to be where we are now.

If there are people out there willing to pay a few extra quid for a nice seat and in the process swell our coffers then good luck to them. Lets face it most people if they had the money would willingly pay extra for a bit of luxury.

We have so much passion as fans and have waited so long for this....lets just enjoy!!!!

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
I know 8 people who have bought platinum seats (including myself,family and friends) who are all season ticket holders at Withdean and for a good number of years before that at the Goldstone. Due to the demand we have all ended up in the lower tier. No prawn sandwiches to be had here at half time either - especially when there is football to watch!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The funny part that is you gave the people whinging about there not being enough "pukka" seats left for "fans", they would whine 50 times more if they were given a seat in the middle tier about the lack of atmosphere/rat pies/"real fans"/singing/God Knows what else.

Can't believe this debate is happening. After the years and years of uncertainty over whether we would gain planning permission for Falmer, not to mention witnessing the Goldstone crumbling beneath us, the trek to Gillingham, the years of getting soaked / lack of atmosphere at Withdean, we now have a superb stadium rising daily.
I think you're both being a bit over-sensitive. If you read this thread I don't think anyone's whinging and I don't think there's a debate. The only negative posts have been from one or two people mildly querying as to whether Withdean STHs will be excluded - but even they've been caveats to generally supportive posts. No one, as far as I can see, is taking the full-on 'f***ing prawn sandwich brigade nicking all our seats" line.

There was actually a lot more debate and whinging a few months ago when the boxes, platinums etc went on sale. Then there WAS a fear that it would all end up 'corporate' and the long-suffering STHs who'd done the full 10 years at Withdean would be ignored. These fears have proved to be groundless.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think you're both being a bit over-sensitive. If you read this thread I don't think anyone's whinging and I don't think there's a debate. The only negative posts have been from one or two people mildly querying as to whether Withdean STHs will be excluded - but even they've been caveats to generally supportive posts. No one, as far as I can see, is taking the full-on 'f***ing prawn sandwich brigade nicking all our seats" line.

There was actually a lot more debate and whinging a few months ago when the boxes, platinums etc went on sale. Then there WAS a fear that it would all end up 'corporate' and the long-suffering STHs who'd done the full 10 years at Withdean would be ignored. These fears have proved to be groundless.

Fair point and well put mate.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I'm sure that can be arranged but not what it was meant for. If you can't go to a game, they will sell it on your behalf at the going rate to stop touting. Not sure if you get paper tickets automatically or only for games you can't make so don't know how it works. No idea for ST holders either as they haven't released details.

Excellent, thanks for clarifying that for me. i may see you for a drink in the bar next August.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

Lets just enjoy whats happening and think how much we would have given from 1997 to Dec 2008 (first shovel in the ground at Falmer) to be where we are now.

If there are people out there willing to pay a few extra quid for a nice seat and in the process swell our coffers then good luck to them. Lets face it most people if they had the money would willingly pay extra for a bit of luxury.

We have so much passion as fans and have waited so long for this....lets just enjoy!!!!

what happens if U2 are playing on the same date as the first game at falmer? :laugh:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
unless the club are on a flat rate scheme, which I resume they are, when they can charge 17.5% and pay a lower rate, as I do. meaning I get the extra 5.5%!

I doubt they are. Flat rate is aimed at small businesses....I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you reckon 22,500 is big enough?

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
Well from the East Terrace in 1965 through every up and down since, including 11 years of sitting in the rain in the South Stand at Withdean, I am much more a fan than a 'business type'... I probably can't afford platinum seats, but hang it all, I'll be dead before I know it, and what would I rather spend my cash on than sitting in the best seats in the best stadium, watching the best team in the country...? No-brainer really... I'll take 2...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here