Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 2000 tickets left for sale at The Amex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wonder what proportion of ST holders will only go to the opening game of season? If a simple ticket exchange facility isn't in operation, I fear there will be quite a lot of empty seats next season, despite games being officially 'sold out'.

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4042306 said:
400 odd quid to go to one game? Nah....

Funnily enough (or not so, really) I do know of a few people who are doing just that.

Thing is, you'd be mad to do that.
They should've got a ST in April, paid the 10% deposit and pay the DD in May, June & July. Go to the game in early August, cancel the DD and save 300 odd quid...

Still £100+ for one match, but if that is what they want to do...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A ticket exchange system is needed to get bums on seats. A STH who can't get to a game should be able to sell his entitlement back to the club and earn a credit to be taken off the following season's payment. The club can then sell the seat ticket for that game at the normal matchday price and add it on to the purchaser's smartcard in a paperless transaction. Fans might prefer to sit in the WSU and pay a little extra than they would have paid for one of the 900 matchday general sale tickets.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thing is, you'd be mad to do that.
They should've got a ST in April, paid the 10% deposit and pay the DD in May, June & July. Go to the game in early August, cancel the DD and save 300 odd quid...

Still £100+ for one match, but if that is what they want to do...

I wondered about that, then realised they'd probably ban you from ever buying another ticket. :ohmy:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A ticket exchange system is needed to get bums on seats. A STH who can't get to a game should be able to sell his entitlement back to the club and earn a credit to be taken off the following season's payment. The club can then sell the seat ticket for that game at the normal matchday price and add it on to the purchaser's smartcard in a paperless transaction. Fans might prefer to sit in the WSU and pay a little extra than they would have paid for one of the 900 matchday general sale tickets.

Have they announced normal matchday prices yet?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On the other hand, plenty of the new STHs will be people who used to be regulars in the 1980s & early 1990s (when football was at its lowest ebb) and who have been enthused by the realisation that the county will finally have a club and stadium worthy of their attention, and who will become regulars because regardless of the result, the Albion will become "their" team again.

Reading used to get crowds of 4,000 at Elm Park- they still regularly get 15,000 now, many more if they're successful. People get used to going regularly to the game. There will be some spare seats, but we will have a whole generation of new fans who will stick with it.
Yes and reading averaged 9k in the first madstad season,now they have doubled due to new supporters.This shows we can also attract another 15k i reckon on top of what we have easily.

All these stories of non albion fans getting season tickets is hilarious,these are local people regardless and of whom like football.Most of its bullshit anyway as like i said its a very small percentage of non albion fans.

The so called manure and arsenal fans are not really fans of these clubs because they never go:lolol:we have a very large fan base and also can attract thousands more if required:thumbsup:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yes and reading averaged 9k in the first madstad season,now they have doubled due to new supporters.This shows we can also attract another 15k i reckon on top of what we have easily.

Thats an interesting stat, if it's correct.

Reading averaged only 9k per game in their first season at the Mad Stad, but we are on course to sell 18k season tickets. Even if we have a 80-90% stick rate after a season - that is still very healthy indeed.

Brighton were always historically much bigger than Reading, and it looks like that will be proved again in the years to come. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here