Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online dating

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do not mean to be rude but 30 and 40 something Women in this country are drip fed by magazines, the women's magazines and their attitude to men are abhorent, tv, lose women and the whole girly chat is that men are to be derided and useless. This is bound to cross over to the mainstream. If you managed to listen into a group of women of this age range have a chat together it would be basically laughing at the uselessness and incompetance of men and ridiculing them. I doubt think this is particularly controversial I think everyone knows it to be true.

Christ on a BIKE.

I'm in my thirties, I don't read crappy women's magazines. I cannot STAND Loose Women and I have no generalised attitude towards men because I try and treat everyone with a bit of respect and decency, even (in a work capacity at times) when that right really hasn't been earned.

There is no difference WHATSOEVER between a few women on their office coffee break laughing about some bloke or other than there is about half the punters on here revelling in a thread about some TV presenter's tits, FFS. Well...there is a difference...I'm not sat here branding you all wankers because of it.

You say you don't mean to be rude...well trust me, you are.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I won't ! I tell it from the heart love me or hate me and I guess I can't change. I am off to bed. No hard feelings to anyone.

Neither love nor hate, just inanely boring to be honest - the issue is clear you need to change for the better otherwise NSC will suffer forever

She has a degree in English, she teaches English and she could teach you some manners.

Apart from that she is very slim and beautiful.

Wow, she has the same references as me then. I am working teaching English too, using my qualifications as proof of my claims to the ability.
We have something in common, she and I.
Perhaps you should hook us up, and be happy to be a matchmaker - I'll stand you a beer or two when I can get away from her for a moment

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How is this thread becoming ALL ABOUT SPIELBERG!
*sigh* This.

I can't believe HE had the gall to suggest it would turn into a binfest on page 2. This was a thread about dating, high-jacked by US and his tedious pitiful "woe is me" attitude. :nono:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I do not mean to be rude but 30 and 40 something Women in this country are drip fed by magazines, the women's magazines and their attitude to men are abhorent, tv, lose women and the whole girly chat is that men are to be derided and useless. This is bound to cross over to the mainstream. If you managed to listen into a group of women of this age range have a chat together it would be basically laughing at the uselessness and incompetance of men and ridiculing them. I doubt think this is particularly controversial I think everyone knows it to be true.

Although this is a rather sweeping statement I have to agree with elements of it. I have certainly noticed that females abroad are far more polite to males, they come to talk to you and do not look down their noses at you, they often do the approaching and conversation. I find many females in England incredibly arrogant with very inflated ideas on themselves. I have actually told some girls to f*** off in pubs due to their unbelievable arrogance as others on here will testify :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't know if anyone has looked at Transactional Analysis but the dynamics of this thread has pretty much played out in the standard way of 'why don't you?' 'yes but...' conversations that Eric Berne wrote of:

Extracted from Chapter 7 of "Games People Play."

WHY DON’T YOU, YES BUT (YDYB)

Seven years after Natalie Phistie and Bill Winnerton got married, she and some friends are having a discussion over coffee while her husband is out bowling:
Natalie: "I'm so upset - I just don't know what to do about Bill. He doesn't seem to be listening to me any more and he is always running out on me."

Friend 1: "Why don't you sit him down and have a serious talk?"

Natalie: "Yes, I've tried that but he won't sit still."

Friend 2: "You probably have cabin fever. Why don't you take a vacation from each other?"

Natalie: "Yes, but we can't afford it."

Friend 3: "Well, why don't you just get a divorce?"

Natalie: "Yes, but what about the kids?"

Friends (thinking): "1 give up, this situation is hopeless.. ."

Natalie (thinking): "Nobody can help me."
This conversation is recurring: Natalie and her friends have been through it many times. As a matter of fact, much of their time has been spent playing Why Don't You, Yes But, and it is the type of conversation which occurs over and over again, especially in therapy groups.

The pay-off: it proves to Natalie she is doomed; it proves to her friends that there is no use trying to help people because they never accept advice anyway.

The long and short of it is Uncle Spielberg is trying desperately to 'prove' himself right that he is beyond help.

Last edited:

NMH has the answers to shagging some of the hottest Women in Europe and I for one am interested in his views for our critical appraisal.

Europe?? I don't limit my bodily fluids to EUROPE sunbeam!
I shall divulge some stories, but it's an hour later in Stockholm..... where I stayed in expecting to watch the CL Semi-final but my puter/WiFi was too screwed to get the streaming so now I am miffed woe is me why can I not get a classic match with everything going on and the mighty Barca getting knocked out by an English club :rant:

So an early night with the dog as my only company because I banked on streaming to work out. :cry:

Meanwhile, you can viddy some European talent right here.
(not your demographic really, I'm sorry to break it to ya)

[yt]EGaGZJPMiVc[/yt]

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
wow, she has the same references as me then. I am working teaching english too, using my qualifications as proof of my claims to the ability.
We have something in common, she and i.
Perhaps you should hook us up, and be happy to be a matchmaker - i'll stand you a beer or two when i can get away from her for a moment
more like when she can get away from you , you're sounding more of a leach than a player

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Wow, she has the same references as me then. I am working teaching English too, using my qualifications as proof of my claims to the ability.
We have something in common, she and I.
Perhaps you should hook us up, and be happy to be a matchmaker - I'll stand you a beer or two when I can get away from her for a moment

And she was at the Peterborough away game (her first and probably last football game) if you want to see what she looks like there is a picture of her on the Album and on NSC related to that game.

She likes thicko's like me! So you would have no chance.

You assumed that I cannot speak Russian BTW

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
*sigh* This.

I can't believe HE had the gall to suggest it would turn into a binfest on page 2. This was a thread about dating, high-jacked by US and his tedious pitiful "woe is me" attitude. :nono:

You seem to like putting this " woe is me " label on me but I have not once decended into a " woe is me " mindset. I have just explained my views on internet dating and the dating game. Other than that , that it was an interesting exchange of views.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have just explained my views on internet dating and the dating game.

tbf mate you haven't. Whether it was intended or not you come across as someone who's been hard done by and you're going through some one man crusade to fight your way out of a terrible situation that is hugely unfair. Don't know if that's a good summary but you're not the only one having or had a tough time, just that most chose not to publicise it in such a way

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
tbf mate you haven't. Whether it was intended or not you come across as someone who's been hard done by and you're going through some one man crusade to fight your way out of a terrible situation that is hugely unfair. Don't know if that's a good summary but you're not the only one having or had a tough time, just that most chose not to publicise it in such a way

Fair do's. I will leave the debate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Actually, judging from his posts, Uncle Spielberg has no intention of fighting his way out of any situation. He's holding onto his resignation like his life depends upon it because it's safer that way. Less chance of getting hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here