Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online dating

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I dunno about all the issues US might or might not have but I (I think) I agree 100% with his views on Internet Dating

I tried it for about 9 months some 5/6 years or so ago .. all the, mainstream ones at the time (Dating Direct, Match, Encounters) and the recurring things that came across to me was the lack of honesty in many (age, height, weight, photo etc) and also the fact that you'd get into a dialogue and then it doesn't work like it does in the real world, where you meet a bird get chatting, meet again and so on ... in the virtual world you could meet a bird start chatting but have 10 others on the go at the same time, so you think "this is going OK and then the next thing they've disappeared forever ... they call them "players" and I think these places over index with them. I even met a girl saw her twice and had arranged to see her again when a bloke at work (the one who originally put me on to it) dropped by one day to say he had a date that night and it turned out to be the same woman!

It's not to say all are the same as there are many success stories to tell but there's a real crap side to it and I think anyone using it needs to look beyond the hundreds of piccys and not have too high an expectation. I was glad to just bin it and find my now Mrs by chance in the more conventional way.

Oh and one defo tip if you do meet anyone just arrange to have a drink first time out, sitting around for 3 hours or so at dinner is not recommended for some of the fruit cakes you'll likely to meet

On the other hand if you want to just use it like [MENTION=23503]smoke grenade[/MENTION] then just go fill your boots if you'll pardon the expression :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Please, could you just read what [MENTION=2159]Digweeds Trousers[/MENTION] has said? He's absolutely spot on, you know.

This.

Uncle Spielberg, it appears you are just talking around what Digweed Trousers is saying at the moment, talking yourself out of taking advice, making out why it can't apply to you, even thanking him for his advice - anything except standing in the space of his advice.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This.

Uncle Spielberg, it appears you are just talking around what Digweed Trousers is saying at the moment, talking yourself out of taking advice, making out why it can't apply to you, even thanking him for his advice - anything except standing in the space of his advice.

Yeah I can imagine the date now

Me - " You look really nice , do you mind if we share a half a pint of lager as I am skint "

Her - " cheerio then "

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah I can imagine the date now

Me - " You look really nice , do you mind if we share a half a pint of lager as I am skint "

Her - " cheerio then "

I'm sure REMF could sponsor you for two pints!

US - please dont think I am criticising or having a pop - I'm only wading in becuase I hear what I was saying 5 years ago. Partner left me with our 6 month old daughter - firm I worked for went under on the back of the Lehmans disaster. Was owed £12,000 in commission and salary and expenses - got a cheque from the adminstrator for £789.00 some six months later. Lived on the floor of a mates house - worked for him commission only selling debt recovery solutions in London - horrific. Utterly horrific.

I remember standing in a newsagents having to decide whether to buy a loaf of bread or a ready meal - which would fill me up and which would last longer - becuase I had nothing. Car gone. House gone. everyhting.

But someone got hold of me at that moment in time and helped me understand that for all the transcience of everything both personal and material - the one thing that is consistent in life is you. YOU. Change, innovate, - just be relentless. Cut out the cancerous shite in your life - the shit around you that tells you that things cant be done, f*** them off.

Treat every day - every f***ing moment of every f***ing day be it pissing down or gloriously sunny as a day that you can influence the next chapter of your life.

I went to work finding work - I treated it as a job. I had a mate, a floor to sleep on and a computer. And it took me four months. Four months dreading the next day becuase if I could not find something I was toast.

And looking back I honestly think it was the most important empowering thing that ever happened to me. Because it made me realise that I could dispell the myth. The myth that shit happens and thats that. Shit does happen - but it is only the end if you allow it to be so. Challenge everything and ask yourself - just how remarkable could you be?

Becuase seeing the stuff you do for REMF tells me that somewhere in that miserable, self-conscious, battered old fucker is a f***ing legend waiting to be unleashed.

Make it happen US - what's to fear??

Streetlights+_5ba6e6ee04c83dd862f2b9511a0a2778.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've had some really good online dating experiences, I actually met my previous long term (4 years) girlfriend on one of the sites. And although we didn't actually meet online, both my current girlfriend and I were on dating sites when we met.

Only advice I'd give is that you still have to be realistic. You can't punch above your weight online anymore than you can in a bar or wherever. This works both ways by the way, I've had messages off of women who, to put it in the nicest possible way, are not my type.

Also, in a personal message to US. You seem to be under the very negative impression that women can pick and choose as there are dozens of men for every women. Well last time I checked the gender split in the UK was roughly 50/50. There are loads of single women out there of all ages. Before I met my current missis, people (usually women) were always trying to set me up with their single mates/sisters/nieces etc. as soon as they found out about my eligibility. I don't think that this would have happened if I'd been giving off such a negative attitude all the time. Good luck.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Not ofton I agree with you (in fact never!!! :lol:) but you may well have a point in your statement.

Seeing i never agree with you we are in an agreement. Dont want to paint all women as such but there are some with low self esteem issues who fit the picture.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Ok, and how did you communicate....does she speak fluent English, and did you and she go on looks or personality?

She has a degree in English, she teaches English and she could teach you some manners.

Apart from that she is very slim and beautiful.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Seeing i never agree with you we are in an agreement. Dont want to paint all women as such but there are some with low self esteem issues who fit the picture.

I think you do agree with me.........all the time!! :) ..............yes i would guess they would have to have low self esteem to fit into that bracket......

Oh MY GOD!!!!!! This is getting like the Looney and hitony LOVE IN!!!!! :) :lol:..................(makes it so much harder at banning time............)awaits puns on last comment!! :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who said I felt sorry for myself with them ? I don't really give a f*** anymore. I would rather be a decent bloke but you are right the blokes women seem to be interested in are absolute arrogant cocks who treat them like shit and serial cheat. Strange World. Treat them mean keep them keen , it is a fact. Also if there is no money on the table , the love usually isn't there and if the money goes, so does the love. Sad to be so cynical but there you are.

I'm single (bloody football getting in the way might have something to do with it...somehow I don't think I've ever been out with anyone who's shared my Albion addiction :facepalm:) but I neither need nor want anyone else's money. As a woman, I find your lazy, sweeping insult quite offensive, to be honest. If that's your typical attitude when you're in female company, then you probably have all the answers you seek in that single paragraph.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I'm single (bloody football getting in the way might have something to do with it...somehow I don't think I've ever been out with anyone who's shared my Albion addiction :facepalm:)

If I was twenty years younger, I'd try to change that. :blush::ascarf:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm single (bloody football getting in the way might have something to do with it...somehow I don't think I've ever been out with anyone who's shared my Albion addiction :facepalm:) but I neither need nor want anyone else's money. As a woman, I find your lazy, sweeping insult quite offensive, to be honest. If that's your typical attitude when you're in female company, then you probably have all the answers you seek in that single paragraph.

Edna and Uncle Spielberg sitting in a tree...

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
US - please dont think I am criticising or having a pop - I'm only wading in becuase I hear what I was saying 5 years ago. Partner left me with our 6 month old daughter - firm I worked for went under on the back of the Lehmans disaster. Was owed £12,000 in commission and salary and expenses - got a cheque from the adminstrator for £789.00 some six months later. Lived on the floor of a mates house - worked for him commission only selling debt recovery solutions in London - horrific. Utterly horrific.

I remember standing in a newsagents having to decide whether to buy a loaf of bread or a ready meal - which would fill me up and which would last longer - becuase I had nothing. Car gone. House gone. everyhting.

But someone got hold of me at that moment in time and helped me understand that for all the transcience of everything both personal and material - the one thing that is consistent in life is you. YOU. Change, innovate, - just be relentless. Cut out the cancerous shite in your life - the shit around you that tells you that things cant be done, f*** them off.

Treat every day - every f***ing moment of every f***ing day be it pissing down or gloriously sunny as a day that you can influence the next chapter of your life.

I went to work finding work - I treated it as a job. I had a mate, a floor to sleep on and a computer. And it took me four months. Four months dreading the next day becuase if I could not find something I was toast.

And looking back I honestly think it was the most important empowering thing that ever happened to me. Because it made me realise that I could dispell the myth. The myth that shit happens and thats that. Shit does happen - but it is only the end if you allow it to be so. Challenge everything and ask yourself - just how remarkable could you be?

Becuase seeing the stuff you do for REMF tells me that somewhere in that miserable, self-conscious, battered old fucker is a f***ing legend waiting to be unleashed.

Make it happen US - what's to fear??

bloody love you digweed! great post.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011

Me too and I agree with you absolutely.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

We can only go by what we see and what we experience so I will make no apologies.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here