Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One swallow...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
... does not make a summer.

Everyone on here is seeming exploding man juice all over the place because we have signed one, unproven at this level player.

It just concludes that most people don't have a clue about football that they honestly believe signing one player means that the fortunes of the club change so dramatically.

Yes, it's a little exciting, but just look at Blackpool, they had one player last season and look what's happened to them.

Even if Craig is the best player in the world, he will be playing with some xxxxxxxx that have no place in this division, so the balance is restored.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Hello Mr Allardyce. :wave:

Still crying from your fisting?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Surely its not how he has described our players that is the problem here, but the fact that he has used a disability in such a way. Should be banned for that alone IMHO.

Totally agree. A close family member of mine is disabled, and I personally find the phrase he used exceptionally offensive.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
at what point did i claim anyone said we would win the league, you BUFFOON!!

Nowhere but you have implied by the negativity of your original post that you think some of us are getting carried away. However, CMS is not the only player we've signed it he ? We've spent rather more in the last couple of months than we have in the last twenty years. It's not a sure fire sign of success but it sends a very loud message to all the other clubs in the Championship and any future signings that we mean business. If CMS (or Barry Fry) is to be believed he joined us because we are clearly ambitious. Whislt West Ham might be trying to recapture lost glories there's no way that Leicester can be accused of not being ambitious but despite that he came here. Probably the most widely sought after player from the Football League last season (nobody seems that keen on Oxo as yet) and he chooses us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it can be the end of a great night.

Chill out Gullywog, things are on the up, and people are happy about it. If you can't enjoy things this summer, then I really would suggest you get off the Gus Bus and go do something else, as football will never bring you any joy.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Just hope he isn't sitting next to me.

Please don't let the person next to me at the Amex be a total pratt!!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I use a bucket of water and a sponge. It's a lot easier.
And what this man doesn't know about windows ain't worth knowing

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
it depends on which type of swallow, there are approx 75 different types of Swallow.

And I think Buffoon must have performed most of them at some time..

I did not even know that CMS had signed for Albion before I read this thread, being AWOL yesterday, and I moi am impressed. He is a potential star in a big team and I think Gus has done very well to get him, given the competition. No doubt the AMEX helped.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just hope he isn't sitting next to me.

Please don't let the person next to me at the Amex be a total pratt!!!!!

i got called a prat Saturday for running out a colleague at cricket when hitting down the ground, so I apologise now in advance if i end up sitting next to you. But in my flask will be enough coffee for 2!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If you can't enjoy things this summer, then I really would suggest you get off the Gus Bus and go do something else, as football will never bring you any joy.

Absolutely. Of course the club will reach higher heights than where we are sat right now (even if not immediately) - but in terms of momentum, this is right up there. Champions, new stadium, new signings... enjoy it!

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it can be the end of a great night.

now this is the sort of thing people should be getting excited about.

Chill out Gullywog, things are on the up, and people are happy about it. If you can't enjoy things this summer, then I really would suggest you get off the Gus Bus and go do something else, as football will never bring you any joy.

to be quite honest, watching football absolutely bores me.

I would much rather have seen 5 £500k players walk in than one £2.5m player, or even 2 £1m players.

Furthermore, the defence is the problem so why have we not signed anybody like Phil Babb or Chris Morgan?

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
now this is the sort of thing people should be getting excited about.

I would much rather have seen 5 £500k players walk in than one £2.5m player, or even 2 £1m players.

Furthermore, the defence is the problem so why have we not signed anybody like Phil Babb or Chris Morgan?

TCB or WW anyone?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I had a spell like that myself (and is still the case for any non-Brighton game except Barca) but it all changed around for me when Gus arrived and we started playing Total Football.

Honestly, if Sky had a seperate channel and subscription for Football, I would drop it in the blink of an eye. But if the last season with Brighton bored you, then it's time to bite the bullet my friend, and start doing something less boring instead. It won't get any more exciting at the Albion than this.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
I had a spell like that myself (and is still the case for any non-Brighton game except Barca) but it all changed around for me when Gus arrived and we started playing Total Football.

Honestly, if Sky had a seperate channel and subscription for Football, I would drop it in the blink of an eye. But if the last season with Brighton bored you, then it's time to bite the bullet my friend, and start doing something less boring instead. It won't get any more exciting at the Albion than this.

i might take up watching paint grow or grass drying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here