Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One swallow...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i had something really intersting to add, but have forgotton....

a boring thread does that to me..........

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Looking around the league we'll find several clubs' fans anxious about lack of signings.

We have Gullywog, worried that we didn't sign Premier League stars!

Okay, so who does Gullywog have in mind, that we ought to have gone for?

I've already thrown my hat into the ring on other threads,

Aaron Mclean for €5m to begin with.

And then Phil Babb and Chris Morgan to sure up the defence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've already thrown my hat into the ring on other threads,

Aaron Mclean for €5m to begin with.

And then Phil Babb and Chris Morgan to sure up the defence.

Are you for real?

McLean's value was only £1m when he went to Hull last year and he has struggled big time to make the step up with them so is certainly not worth any more now. Chris Morgan is 33 and has a long term injury which could yet force him to retire and Babb did retire - 7 years ago!

You really don't even qualify as a decent WUM because you are too unbelievably stupid to even bother with - not in the same league as WW or TCB I'm afraid so to borrow the modern argot................ you really should consider just doing one!

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
And if we could get Alex AND Gavin Rae, in the middle of the park we'd be a real force to be reckoned with.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry if I failed to spot your attempt at irony.

just goes to show how poor an effort it was but then I suspect that you originally intended it as anything but.

you really are a very very poor shadow of your chums

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
sorry if I failed to spot your attempt at irony.

just goes to show how poor an effort it was but then I suspect that you originally intended it as anything but.

you really are a very very poor shadow of your chums

to be fair i place no value on the opinion of a man who has posted 6.5 posts on average EVERY DAY for the past four years.

there's a whole world out there, why not take a look. it might put things (football, life etc.) into perspective for you.

to be fair i place no value on the opinion of a man who has posted 6.5 posts on average EVERY DAY for the past four years.

there's a whole world out there, why not take a look. it might put things (football, life etc.) into perspective for you.

Er.....but aren't you the one who hasn't been keeping up? Recommending retired players and injured 33year-olds??
Wanting us to spend well over the odds on ne'er do wells, while Gus bags the real deals?

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Er.....but aren't you the one who hasn't been keeping up? Recommending retired players and injured 33year-olds??
Wanting us to spend well over the odds on ne'er do wells, while Gus bags the real deals?

you have either misunderstood the reply or are just not that clever.

by putting football into perspective i meant that at the end of the day it is just football, so why waste days and days of your life posting on a message board that only accepts posts that are in line with the majority opinion.

if you have a view that is either different or even negative against the Albion, the morons of NSC will refuse to accept it, which just goes to show the level of intelligence (generally and in football terms) that the average NSC poster has.

you have either misunderstood the reply or are just not that clever.

by putting football into perspective i meant that at the end of the day it is just football, so why waste days and days of your life posting on a message board that only accepts posts that are in line with the majority opinion.

if you have a view that is either different or even negative against the Albion, the morons of NSC will refuse to accept it, which just goes to show the level of intelligence (generally and in football terms) that the average NSC poster has.

When you HAVE made one of those intelligent view-points, then let me know.

Since you obviously care so much what "the average NSC poster" has for an IQ and how they see your posts, then I question your own outlook in this matter.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
When you HAVE made one of those intelligent view-points, then let me know.

Since you obviously care so much what "the average NSC poster" has for an IQ and how they see your posts, then I question your own outlook in this matter.

again, you've misunderstood, you're even worse with 9.13 posts per day so i expect it's just a case that you've been brainwashed by your 'friends' on NSC.

i've never suggested that this is an intelligent thread, it would be completely worthless on here, but the fact is you seemingly cannot start a thread that is negative towards the Albion as you'll get shot down, even though it's a totally valid point.

Had somebody made the same point about another club, i.e. CMS signs for Leicester in €3.5m deal, no doubt people on here would be stating it's over the odds for an unproven Championship player, which is exactly what i've done it just happens to be that he has joined the Albion so therefore it must be amazing and totally unquestionable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shouldn't really, but...

If you had come here and said "£2.5 for an unproven striker is a bit much isn't it?"

You would have received intelligent discussion. People would have highlighted his last stint in the championship where he managed to get double figures in a team relegated shortly after christmas, which isn't that bad, actually. That this was two years ago, and reports from peterborough suggest he has worked on his short comings, and the man himself mentioned how he learnt so much from that year in the championship before.

You didn't. You mentioned it was a bit much for an unproven striker, used an offensive term to describe the rest of the squad (and it is the term that most people took issue with, not who it was applied to or your assessment of CMS), then followed it up with suggestions that we sign players who have retired, one of whom retired 7 years ago.

That's why you have not been welcomed with open arms, why half of us think you're on a wind up. Not your view that CMS is unproven, or simply the fact you don't fall in line with the consensus.

If I said "you've lost me Gullywog" then you no-doubt would pillory me for having such a low level of intellect that I'm obviously below your standard.
However, the fact that you have lost everyone else *should* mean something to you if you are of any 'standard', so I won't feel too bad about it.

There is a lot of gibberish emanating from your posts, so if this is looking like continuing then I imagine we are not going to have much to discuss anytime soon. Good luck with your future enterprises, Mr Gullywog. :wave:

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i'd just like to to say. i told you so.

absolute morons on here thinking £3.5m CMS would ensure success.

once again, my point emphasised that the general NSC'er know absolutely naff all about football.

no need to thank me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here