Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One side that can be ruled out..

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
what happened to Man City? i though they had been lined up for the opening fixture?

if not then, sadly, the mood music seems to point towards spurs or chelsea. an exotic euro team would have been better, well it would have been fun anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
what happened to Man City? i though they had been lined up for the opening fixture?

if not then, sadly, the mood music seems to point towards spurs or chelsea. an exotic euro team would have been better, well it would have been fun anyway.

They offered as they would not give their share of the gate receipts to us. However, they are probably beyond us now and it would be a shitty reserve side or perhaps have even rescinded the offer. I'm not sure I would want them. Horrible club.

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
A mate at work, who is a Chelsea season ticket holder, sent me an email today saying that Chelsea would be our first friendly at the Amex. Not sure of his source, but he seemed pretty convinced and it would be a pretty dull rumour to make up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was rumour a few months ago that Bloom offered RM £1M to play in the friendly but they said no.

I'm sure that rumour would have been bollocks anyway, but I for one would be mightily pissed off if the club spunked a million quid on a pissing FRIENDLY.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex

Liverpool or Spurs?

Both would fill the ground but in the circumstances I suspect so could pretty well any other club in the league :)
This will be a ramp up event, so the object isn't to fill the ground. The Club have apparently told Falmer Parish Council that it will be a match for 17,000 fans on 30 July.

Falmer Village - click on LATEST NEWS.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man U once they have won the European Cup. I wonder, Sir Alex has been quite supportive of us over the years.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'm on f***ing holiday so I hope we play Histon.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I heard it from the horses mouth that there will be a Premiership club playing in a testimonial at Falmer, probably around September.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The 30th july has been earmarked as a champions league third round qualifier so whoever finishes 3rd and 4th in the premiership won't be sending their first team to play us. It will have to be either Barcelona or one of the top 2 from the prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here