Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One side that can be ruled out..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If either Real or Liverpool roll up at the Amex it'll be their third string players at best I would have thought. I think Man Utd and Chelsea had about three different teams playing at the same time last pre-season at various venues around the world.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it will be spurs

they are one of the only big premiership team whose schedule of flying off around the world will fit in with playing the game. quite glad im not going :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I heard it from the horses mouth that there will be a Premiership club playing in a testimonial at Falmer, probably around September.

a friendly in September? teams are usually pretty busy once the season start, except for international fixtures. in those breaks from domestic football, top teams would struggle to put out a youth/reserve team. i think we would have trouble. not sure many would be interested seeing Brighton Reverses V Spurs Acedemy IX.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
a friendly in September? teams are usually pretty busy once the season start, except for international fixtures. in those breaks from domestic football, top teams would struggle to put out a youth/reserve team. i think we would have trouble. not sure many would be interested seeing Brighton Reverses V Spurs Acedemy IX.

I agree

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last September we had 5 League games, and there was also the 3rd round of the League Cup scheduled (which as per tradition of course, we took no part in).

I CANNOT see the club scheduling a friendly to take place in September, its a non-starter.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Last September we had 5 League games, and there was also the 3rd round of the League Cup scheduled (which as per tradition of course, we took no part in).

I CANNOT see the club scheduling a friendly to take place in September, its a non-starter.

I agree. But that is what the man said :shrug:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Won't Spurs have Champions League games around that time as well?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree. But that is what the man said :shrug:

He must be wrong then.

Blimey, we went to Plymouth and Carlisle that month as well last year. I'm sure Gus would be delighted to shoe-horn in an extra midweek fixture if we're trekking up to Middlesbrough / Leeds / Barnsley / Hull or some other god-forsaken northern outpost just a month into the new season.

D

Deleted User X18H

I heard it from the horses mouth that there will be a Premiership club playing in a testimonial at Falmer, probably around September.

But Kuipers is nailed on to get Ajax for his testimonial.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Until recently Saints had some big names in for a summer friendly - Ajax last year, Espanyol etc. I think they've been stopped now because Pardew felt that a league 1 or championship side getting tonked by top class European opposition did nothing for pre season morale and told him nothing about state of readiness for the league sides they were about to face. Its not even that good for the fans to see your side lose 4-1. Maybe an 'exotic' but not outstanding side like Steau Bucharest or Dynamo Kiev would provide some glamour but also a better match?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here