Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] One of the girls from little mix goes citing mental health issues

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it’s sad, personally as for whatever band she’s in i couldn’t care less. The whole machine chews em up, spits em out, eventually but hey, let the moguls make the money, then move on to the next group of kids whom they can make more millions by exploiting them.

Yup, this. They flog these kids half to death while they're hot, then cruelly drop them when they're not. Jesy Nelson isn't the first to turn her back on the machine for the sake of her mental health, and she certainly won't be the last

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A girl saturates the Internet with provocative poses and selfies, demonstrating how her life is wonderful and creating envy, bordering on jealousy, from those less fortunate.

The less fortunates interpret this as boasting (a nasty trait) and feel their noses are being rubbed in it, so they snap back with a catty remark, which is human nature.

The poser, deluded enough to expect he whole World to love everything about her, then goes into severe decline when she finds its not true.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The OP has referred to her as a girl, 'fluzzie' and cited her wealth. This thread is not about mental health; it's the fact she is young, female and rich, which the OP doesn't like.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A girl saturates the Internet with provocative poses and selfies, demonstrating how her life is wonderful and creating envy, bordering on jealousy, from those less fortunate.

The less fortunates interpret this as boasting (a nasty trait) and feel their noses are being rubbed in it, so they snap back with a catty remark, which is human nature.

The poser, deluded enough to expect he whole World to love everything about her, then goes into severe decline when she finds its not true.

The perfect summary! You cannot have it both ways. You buy the ticket and then you need to handle the ride.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Do you think provocative poses and selfies is sufficient to attract bullies and trolls? What about women who go out on a Saturday night in a short skirt? Do they deserve to be leered over, or worse by men?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The perfect summary! You cannot have it both ways. You buy the ticket and then you need to handle the ride.

Interesting. So what are you thoughts on Justin Fashanu ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it’s sad, personally as for whatever band she’s in i couldn’t care less. The whole machine chews em up, spits em out, eventually but hey, let the moguls make the money, then move on to the next group of kids whom they can make more millions by exploiting them.

as for social media, it must go down as one of the biggest curses of the modern age.

Young uns quickly get hooked on its good points, but the worm inevitably turns so the nice bits diminish and the bad, ugly bits grow until there’s no escape. Trolls, vile, sick individuals hunting them until they snap.

Which description fits the pop world better here?

Girl gets rich and famous and a few people are a bit catty, so she can't handle it (full of compassion there Uncle C)

Or girl has talent, finds fame whilst being exploited by the record producers and media, then finds the fame is very difficult to handle, which includes very nasty spiteful and hate filled people who harbour resentment and find an outlet in social media.

Btw this thread reeks of mysogyny.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Do you think provocative poses and selfies is sufficient to attract bullies and trolls? What about women who go out on a Saturday night in a short skirt? Do they deserve to be leered over, or worse by men?

This is a classic example of using a completely different example to prove a point. The specific response to your very different example is no.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So the classic numbskulls argument " what have they got to be unhappy about" dished up with generous side helping of misogeny

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is a classic example of using a completely different example to prove a point. The specific response to your very different example is no.

Why is it very different? You're saying because of the way she presents herself, she deserves what she gets. The same as any woman whether online or on the high street surely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you will find that any gender gets nasty comments if they are seen to be deserving.

How is she deserving nasty comments? Publicity photos her agent said she had to display?
She's a young attractive woman so she deserves it?

It seems nobody has learned much from Caroline Flack's death.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why is it very different? You're saying because of the way she presents herself, she deserves what she gets. The same as any woman whether online or on the high street surely?

Your life is very black and white. I think there is a significant difference in being snapped whilst sitting enjoying life with your mates, and taking and posting selfies in the shower or bedroom. No exploitative agents involved in either case.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your life is very black and white. I think there is a significant difference in being snapped whilst sitting enjoying life with your mates, and taking and posting selfies in the shower or bedroom. No exploitative agents involved in either case.

You seem to be posting with a fair degree of experience in the matter of young girls and what they put on social media, :ohmy:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Firstly I apologise I don’t know the girls name as I’m not a fan of theirs .

However I do think it’s very good that she has publicly acknowledged her mental health issues .

Obviously it’s a lot easier for a pop star to walk away from a successful group ( no idea why ! ) once they presumably have several million pound in their bank account .

Presumably the door will be left open for her to return when and if she feels ready or the old cynic in me when her bank account starts to run down significantly.

But yes the mental health issue being flagged up is the best thing About this news

You don't know 'the girl's' name – and didn't bother to find out.

You don't have any idea of her financial situation, but assuming she's minted.

You seem to think it's a convenient time for her to leave a band, citing mental health issues, because you think her having 'several million pound' in the bank is some kind of comfort to her.

You seem oblivious to her and her struggles in the past borne out of the grief she's had online – and are no doubt unaware of the revealing documentary she released last year – but have done a character assessment on her anyway.

Quite a piece of work, aren't you?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You seem to be posting with a fair degree of experience in the matter of young girls and what they put on social media, :ohmy:

Anyone that browses the Daily Mail on line will find it a wonderful place for any girl that wants to take her clothes off and advertise the fact. I guess early days in the self publicising story its difficult to see who is exploiting who.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here