Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One more that didnt live to see Falmer

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
So sorry to hear your sad news. Your Dad will be another absent friend we'll remember at the first game at Falmer.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like the idea of a list of names of those who never made it from the Goldstone to Falmer.

Would be a nice touch by the club, providing they could obtain an accurate list obviously. I don't know about a minute's silence, but definitely something in the programme, maybe with a few select memories and photos.

Twelve years. Twelve bloody years, it's a long time and a lot of people.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Sorry, have only just come across this thread from a few weeks back.

Firstly my deepest condolences....and indeed to all those who have lost loved ones during our exile / homelessness.

Secondly:

We could always start a thread on here listing names only (and dates obviously) and get it to the club some time shortly before opening day.

What a wonderful idea. Apologies if this has since already happened (haven't spotted it on quick perusal) but wanted to bounce the thread as a reminder if it hasn't happened so far.

A balloon or a dove could be released to symbolise the departed fans.

I think a better idea would be a full page in the first programme listing the details you mentioned above.

Also a touching great idea. Would be poignant and touching.

The Albion should certainly do something , a memorial wall maybe and a minutes applause before the first game. My Dad died 2 years ago aged 92. He was a season ticket holder all his life apart from the last couple of years. My abiding memory of him was that day at Newcastle when we were promoted, he turned to me with tears running down his cheeks and said "this is the happiest days of my life i never thought i would see this day" I just hope all those that lost someone get a ticket for the first match.

Genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Is a crime that despite surviving to such a grand old age that your Dad still missed out on seeing Falmer. To prevail against the mean-spiritedness and dirty tricks of certain individuals, a fitting tribute to him and the many like him is the least we can do.

Personally, I feel a minute's silence, rather than applause, will on this particular occasion be the more poignant and appropriate tribute amidst the otherwise excitable and thrilling emotions of that fateful day in August next year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sincere condolences mate, he'll be looking down on us and helping the Albion at Falmer

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Sincere condolences to all those who have lost their loved ones before they saw Falmer, and a big 'up yours' to Norman Baker and Lewes District Council for denying them that chance.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'll add to this. My dad, who first took me to The Goldstone when I was 6 or 7, died just over 3 yrs ago. Denied by those f*ckers Bellotti and Archer from seeing the Albion play back in Brighton in a proper stadium. I'll shed a tear at Falmer....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Very sorry to hear your news may he RIP. My Dad passed away unexpectedly 4 months ago, he took me to my first game in 1976 and I stood on a box he made for me in the Chicken Run. I still cant believe I wont be at Falmer with him or see him again:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here