Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One more that didnt live to see Falmer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry for you loss. I hope there is a minuets silence or somthing at the first game. To long has this club had to wait.

RIP all the fans who didn't make it.

The club should be made aware of the actual number of fans who have passed away so they can announce it before the minute silence.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Crikey, another to sadly leave us before seeing Falmer, best wishes mate, and at such a young age too.
I agree with others, should definately be at least a minutes silence for each of those who didnt make it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry to hear your news

think of your dad when the lads come out for the first game at Falmer - he will be there with us all in spirit

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Dad
so many that will not be there in body but I'm sure it will only take one of us to remember one of them and they will be there.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did you hear Frank Skinner on desert island discs, he said his dad always made them watch Abide with me when the cup final was on the telly. When he sees it now he always crys thinking of his dad and when he started getting corporate invites, people wondered why he was sobbing at the start of the games.

I hope your dad and many others can be remembered at our new ground, I am sure he had some great days past watching the Albion at the Goldstone.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The club should be made aware of the actual number of fans who have passed away so they can announce it before the minute silence.

We could always start a thread on here listing names only (and dates obviously) and get it to the club some time shortly before opening day.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
I knew your dad, he was a top bloke. The send off in the Ellie yesterday showed how much he was loved and respected by many.

He will be sadly missed.

RIP.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
It was my dads funeral today, he was 57. He was there in '83 and many years before and after. A true Seagull RIP. x

Really sorry to hear this. Far too young.

My Dad would have been 72 yesterday but we lost him to cancer on 29th June 1990, aged 52 and 12 days. That whole Italia 90 period was totally surreal and the day he died still feels like it was just last week.

I still think about him everyday but I remember most of all the good times with him, a lot of which involved us going to watch the Albion at the Goldstone together man and boy.

The pain will ease eventually but the love will never go away.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My dad was 59 when he died and it certainly is young as another person commented. My condolences too. Mine was actually a Stoke fan as he was from there originally but insisted on taking me and my brother to the Goldstone for our first game and said how important it was to support your local club. I often think of that game when I think of him.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Sorry to hear that mate.
My Dad didn't get the chance to see Falmer either.
Somebody posted a picture of the Goldstone on here recently, and my Dad was right there standing in his usual place.
It's been discussed on NSC, about some sort of recognition of the number of fans that never got to see our new home simply because of the time delay.
Does anybody know if the club ever responded to this?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
RIP. You have my condolences.

My old man never made it to see Falmer either. Albion mad. Lost him in 2004 aged 58.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Condolences mate

Just lost my dad who first took me up The Goldstone forty years ago now

There was mention of a memorial at Falmer with all the names of people who didn't make it between 1997 and 2011 on it

That would be a fitting tribute

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We could always start a thread on here listing names only (and dates obviously) and get it to the club some time shortly before opening day.

A balloon or a dove could be released to symbolise the departed fans.

I think a better idea would be a full page in the first programme listing the details you mentioned above.

waleseagull

Feb 26, 2009
Cwmbran, Wales
The Albion should certainly do something , a memorial wall maybe and a minutes applause before the first game. My Dad died 2 years ago aged 92. He was a season ticket holder all his life apart from the last couple of years. My abiding memory of him was that day at Newcastle when we were promoted, he turned to me with tears running down his cheeks and said "this is the happiest days of my life i never thought i would see this day" I just hope all those that lost someone get a ticket for the first match.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials

This is such a brilliant, and important idea.
It makes me so sad to hear of these loses.

And I'm so, so sorry to learn of your loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here