Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One decent performance all season....FACT! Are you happy with this?

Are you happy with our start?

• Yes - wilkins is gaining expiereince and im overall happy with things

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • No- overall its been poor and a frustrating season is ahead

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Not sure yet - Im going to give it time before making a major judgement

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • Im still not convinced by wilkins

Votes: 14 14.3%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I am not saying Wilkins is perfect at all. As you say, we played some atrocious stuff at home last season and we were saved by our efforts on the road.

I am saying that he deserves much more time than you are prepared to give him. Rightly or wrongly, he was thrown in at the deep end and had to hit the ground running. This season is the big test - it is the first chance he has had complete control of the preseason and shape things the way he wants them. He has also managed to make some decent signings that were not forthcoming in the latter stages of McGhee's tenure.

I think we need a bit of a reality check and realise that we are not going to perform like we did against Millwall, week in week out. It is good for the club to have a bit of stability and I don't think changing the manager would make any difference to the results.

As for Allen, I don't rate him that highly. He choked on numerous occasions and should have walked League Two with the team he had.

Wilkins is not the finished article, but shows some promise. Every manager has to start somewhere.

Good post...not much I'd disagree with to be honest.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Good post...not much I'd disagree with to be honest.

So you 'don't disagree' with BoF's comment that Dean Wilkins 'is not the finished article but shows some promise' but earlier in the thread you say that he's 'not good enough and tactically inept' and 'I think he's a shit manager'

You need to make your mind up sonny. You sit there on your Island in the Atlantic and pontificate about how SHIT we are but can't even be consistent in your views!

At the end of the season you may be proved right but what's the point of spouting this bollocks when we've only played 6 games and are 6th in the table.

I just don't understand it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we win every home game then I'll be over the moon. It will be the best season ever.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins is doing ok this season. I do not feel he should be sacked as we are 6th and won half our games and served up some decent stuff at home. I would much rather we win at home and lose away than the other way around. We were superb against Millwall. I do however think the Wilkins in the comfy seats with the directors is wearing a bit thin now. Dean GET YOUR ARSE INTO THE DUG OUT AND DIRECT THINGS.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm not happy with Wilkins, being up in the directors box every game. Sometimes I'm not entirely convinced, that he knows what to do untill the last twenty minutes. This is proven by Southend and Northampton home games, we where actually dog shit untill he decided to bring on Bas and Jake on, and we took the game to them and took three points off both.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok lets be honest we have ground out two wins at home that we didnt really deserve....and also produced One decent performance against Millwall...so really we are a very lucky team to have 9 points

Add to that the goal shy away record we have......that has produced nothing but dissapointment.

What do you guys think...is this ok?

Not got that bi-polar thingie by any chance have you? ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Err at the moment we have the BEST home record in the league FACT.

3 away losses is nothing. Our form at the moment is mid table and thats a damn sight better than last year.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Ok lets be honest we have ground out two wins at home that we didnt really deserve....and also produced One decent performance against Millwall...so really we are a very lucky team to have 9 points

Add to that the goal shy away record we have......that has produced nothing but dissapointment.

What do you guys think...is this ok?

Win our next game and we could go 3rd. I'd say satisfactory at the moment, need to give the team the support they deserve and we'll do ok.
I am being realistic and expect mid table and will be very happy with a play off place.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I agree, even Sir Alex would not be able to gain us promotion with the lack of cash available,its no good Hiney burying his head in the sand and saying everything will be okay,hopefully.
Its obvious with the present board this is as good as it gets. If this suits you fine!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Important thing is to re-establish Fortress Withdean, build up the gate receipts, and grab what we can away from home. Seems to be working out OK so far, apart from the away form. Keeping Jakey in the side to provide service to the strikers from the wing would doubtless help. Pretty stupid leaving him out the starting line-up on Saturday IMHO. Why not just ATTACK? Worked just fine against Millwall, and Gillingham are a weaker side.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
But if someone said to me tommorrow wilkins is getting replaced by Martin Allen..id say yes please.

Why? What exactly has Martin Allen achieved to get you so worked up and what makes you thik he'd stay more than five minutes given his track record. Jimmy Melia had a good cup run. Is he available?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How long did it take to get three wins at home last season?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I say to be fair Wilkins must be given a few games to SUSS out whether the Millwall performance was a one off or is a fair indication of the team and their ability.

mods! mods!

Someone's hacked Ernest's account.???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I agree, even Sir Alex would not be able to gain us promotion with the lack of cash available,its no good Hiney burying his head in the sand and saying everything will be okay,hopefully.
Its obvious with the present board this is as good as it gets. If this suits you fine!

It seems for the majority of the 5000 hardcore, it does "suit" them. Unfortunately, it doesn,t "suit" the missing thousands, hence the empty seats. It doesn,t "suit" me either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here