Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On which attempt did you pass your driving test?

On which attempt did you pass your driving test?

• 1st attempt

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • 2nd attempt

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • 3rd attempt

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • 4th attempt

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 5th attempt...or worse

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Still haven't passed

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Don't drive

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Second time for me. I used to struggle with hill starts, I kept rolling backwards down the hill and stalling the car.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
First time-twice!

Once in England and then again when I moved to Canada.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
18% it is, Ali! 0.18% would be pretty goddamn low!!!

Took all 3 (then passed) in Reading.

1st one - 4 majors 17 minors - went over a mini roundabout at 40.
2nd one - 1 major 2 minors (bastards)
3rd one - 0 majors 3 minors.

Reading is a pain because:

(1) the test centre road has a narrow road coming out of it, and the cycle path is almost impossible not to drive into
(2) nearly every street outside the city centre is Victorian terraced housing with cars parked on both sides of the road with hardly any space to drive down. Nightmare trying to turn anywhere...
(3) The IDR is gridlock for at least 37.5 hours per day.

But that's no excuse Ali, if I can pass then anyone can! :p

P.S. Change your signature after the URZ bit... its a bit inaccurate now innit? :(

Last edited:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
2nd attempt got failed for speeding on the 1st go and on the 2nd nearly failed for going to slow.also nearly knocked the examiner out whilst doing the emergency stop did'nt see the map book on the parcel shelf and it nearly took his head off

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
1st time.Looking at the result I think we are quite good drivers around Brighton.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Will they let us park around Withdean now ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I passed second time. Unfortunately first time round, I didn't notice a limited width sign and drove through it at speed. Having been in a reclined seat position, the examiner soon sat upright.:lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
First time for me. Had to do two emergency stops during the test, the first one was the scheduled one, the second was because some prick cyclist decided to ride out from behind a large parked lorry and right across my path!!

The examiner told me that I was the calmest person he'd ever tested after he signed the bit of paper. I didn't feel very calm!!!

:lolol:

P.S. What's a theory test? :lol: Is it that bit at the end of the test when you get asked to identify a selection of roadsigns and markings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here