Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On which attempt did you pass your driving test?

On which attempt did you pass your driving test?

• 1st attempt

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • 2nd attempt

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • 3rd attempt

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • 4th attempt

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 5th attempt...or worse

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Still haven't passed

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Don't drive

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
i failed three times, lack of observation twice

Foglights Chappers, and the windscreen heater.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
1st time. :clap2:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Passed first time - and after only 5 lessons...................................................................
but it was years ago and there was much less traffic on the roads then,

and everything was in black and white

and people walked around very, very fast - dodging the horse drawn carriages, and you had to be home early before the smog got you.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
havent done my practical yet but i passed me theory 1st time

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: On which attempt did you pass your driving test?

Locky said:
I think he was trying to imply that women drivers pass their tests by wearing short skirts, and that women drivers are crap.

To which I totally agree :p

I hope you never need a lift from me then :p

Lush

Mods' Pet
1st time in the car - but had two goes at the motorbike test - took the off-road slalom too fast and wiped out the last three traffic cones! Still amazed I managed the figure of eight in that tiny space.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2nd :(

I chose my test centre very carefully - Aldridge (just outside Walsall) a place with no roundabouts (at the time).

It pissed down with rain - so much so that the examiner suggested I just pulled in by the side of the road for five minutes until it eased off.

With standing water on the carriageway, he was generous to say the least with the emergency stop bit.

We then had a further delay, thanks to a herd of cows crossing the road.

And the examiner kept saying things like "a bit more throttle" as I did the reversing around a corner bit.

That last bit convinced me that I must have failed, so I relaxed - and passed.

For half the test, I drove with the handbrake on - the car was an old Austin Cambridge, with the handbrake between the driver's seat and the driver's door.

And I drove through a red traffic light on the way home after the test. But that didn't matter. I had a slip of paper proving I was a competent driver.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
first time for me, 1972 Datsun Bluebird. As there was a waiting list, the instructor put me in for the test after the first lesson. I took my test after six lessons, but couldn't drive home afterwards due to the shock of passing.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
First time for me - 20 years ago. I drove through a red light (sun coming up over lake so I did not see it). Then I did my parallel park and ended up on a front lawn.

My instructor was about 70 and when we got back he said 'Don't worry son you'll get the hang of it' and passed me!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

David

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here