Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Saturday, My School Are Taking A Group of Year 7's to See Charlton

1066gull

My P.E. department of my college, Heathfield Community College are taking a group of year 7's (I think. don't no much about how many and who are going) to Charlton vs. Middelsbrough.

I find this a disgrace and insult to the Albion.

Heathfield, the High Weald of East Sussex is well known for it's beauty of forest woodland and open countryside. You would think that any school would be proud to support the Albion as Brighton are the only professional football club in the Football League in East Sussex.

Why is it multi-million Premiership teams get all the publicity and support when clubs like us, Wrexham, Rotherham and Maccelsfield are dying out for support?

The Albion do everything they can to help the community. I find it a complete disgrace and farce that they cannot be rewarded and that a well-known town in our county cannot even bother to follow its major sporting team.

I beat these Year 7's will be pikies after they have seen the game.

I am considering making a complaint agaisnt my college on behalf of the Albion as I don't think it is right.

What do you lot think about this?

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Put this to Insider! These kids are potential supporters of the future.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I understand the school refused to let you go with them as you were too immature.....:lolol: :lolol:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
An absolute disgrace.

You can't let it go A. Youve got to make a complaint. Else where will it all end. Trips up to smellhurst for Lewes Priory students:nono: :nono:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I totally agree with you.

Ive done a few school trips to Albion games even though the school I work at is in Essex, this gives them the idea that football exists outside the premiership. They may not turn out to be Albion fans, but it will hopefully affiliate them to the local teams in the area, such as Southend, Grays, Canvey

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very sad. There used to be a coach from Heathfield that took supporters to the Goldstone Ground I seem to recall.

.. and Heathfield is an extremely easy place to get to the Withdean from.

1066gull

clapham_gull said:
Very sad. There used to be a coach from Heathfield that took supporters to the Goldstone Ground I seem to recall.

.. and Heathfield is an extremely easy place to get to the Withdean from.

Yeh, it is so easy to get to Brighton from Heathfield because you go to Lewes, than on to Brighton.

I have emailed Harty and Seagulls World and hope to get Dick Kinght's thoughts excatly!

E

enigma

Good on you 1066, I think you should do something about this. :clap:

Accommodating large school parties is exactly the kind of thing that the new stand can give us. I'll be surprised if we don't make a big push on this kind of thing next season.

I would suggest that 1066, rather than get into pointless fulminations and grandstanding on phone-ins about this, should instead find out the name of the organisers of the Heathfield visit and just have a quiet diplomatic word with them, filling them in on the details of the new stands and how the Albion are already doing reductions for large parties of kids, and give them the name of the Albion contact who organised the type of visit that Beach Hut organised for his young charges.

It's not such a loud approach 1066, but I think will be more effective for the Albion's cause.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
London Irish said:
Accommodating large school parties is exactly the kind of thing that the new stand can give us. I'll be surprised if we don't make a big push on this kind of thing next season.

I would suggest that 1066, rather than get into pointless fulminations and grandstanding on phone-ins about this, should instead find out the name of the organisers of the Heathfield visit and just have a quiet diplomatic word with them, filling them in on the details of the new stands and how the Albion are already doing reductions for large parties of kids, and give them the name of the Albion contact who organised the type of visit that Beach Hut organised for his young charges.

It's not such a loud approach 1066, but I think will be more effective for the Albion's cause.

Agreed.

A van der Meyde said:
My P.E. department of my college, Heathfield Community College are taking a group of year 7's (I think. don't no much about how many and who are going) to Charlton vs. Middelsbrough.

I find this a disgrace and insult to the Albion.

Heathfield, the High Weald of East Sussex is well known for it's beauty of forest woodland and open countryside. You would think that any school would be proud to support the Albion as Brighton are the only professional football club in the Football League in East Sussex.

Why is it multi-million Premiership teams get all the publicity and support when clubs like us, Wrexham, Rotherham and Maccelsfield are dying out for support?

The Albion do everything they can to help the community. I find it a complete disgrace and farce that they cannot be rewarded and that a well-known town in our county cannot even bother to follow its major sporting team.

I beat these Year 7's will be pikies after they have seen the game.

I am considering making a complaint agaisnt my college on behalf of the Albion as I don't think it is right.

What do you lot think about this?

I totally agree mate.

Preston North End Started giving out free season tickets to under 8's a couple of seasons ago. The club worked out this is the best age to get new fans before they start following the crowd of Man U and Liverpool etc. If we get them through the turn styles at this age, we should retain a good percentage of them.

It has been very succesful and now the football league is encouraging other clubs to do the same.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
We're always going to be limited on how many tickets we can give away free while we're at Withdean, so it's just another example of how the club is slowly dieing until we get Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here