Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Play Both

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Owen is the more proven player I feel, though it is a concern how many games he'll get for Real this season seeing as Robinho and Julio Baptista have both come in. Having said that though his record there was outstanding considering how few games he played in.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Owen is a class striker and I still believe potentially one of the finest in the world, think he's been wasted and under-appreciated too much the past couple of years... But he is starting to look a bit jaded - sad to see...
Much as I love Defoe, can't imagine dropping Owen from the frontline - but he's a great option to have as first reserve for now, and so should have as many opportunities as possible whenever Owen isn't playing. Last Wednesday's half-time decision made no sense at all, especially as Wriksson tried to justify it on the basis of Owen maybe not playing much for Real between now and Northern Ireland - having said, a few days earlier, that Owen not playing much would benefit England by the time of the World Cup, because he'd be fresher... :jester:

Part of me would rather Jermain's kept in cotton wool for Spurs, but the boy is so enthusiastic, so in love with goals full-stop, that would love to see him doing it for England too.
As long as this positive start to the season isn't followed up by a post-Christmas lull, as (slightly) marred last season's excellent exploits...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here