• Play Both

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Owen played 30 odd games last season

When is Defoe gonna start delivering for England?

Probably when he gets a regular outing in the starting 11 and is not continually substituted after 45 mins or coming on for the last 10.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Beeercan said:
I Don't like rooney much so play both, with perhaps a tall bloke behind them to feed the ball through, and hold the ball up

Yeah GREAT idea. Drop the most talented England player of his generation who is the only player in our squad who looks capable of turning a game on his own.

:jester:

Why on earth would you play a tall guy BEHIND two short fellas? Surely the tall bloke would be furthest up and the two short guys would feed off him?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i dont rate owen, sven seems to pick him wether he is playing shot or good, sven needs to stop picking his favourite ones and play ones who are on form.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
If you are going on current from then it has to be Defoe as he is playing regularly and has scored 4 goals in his last 3 games ( if you exclude the half for England ) 1 yesterday, 1 on the opening day and 2 terrific efforts against Porto in the last friendly. I would still have owen in as he has built up an understanding with Rooney and is proven at the highest level.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
B.M.F said:
If you are going on current from then it has to be Defoe as he is playing regularly and has scored 4 goals in his last 3 games ( if you exclude the half for England ) 1 yesterday, 1 on the opening day and 2 terrific efforts against Porto in the last friendly. I would still have owen in as he has built up an understanding with Rooney and is proven at the highest level.
Yes because on current form Owen has only played pre season games.

Owen is still the better striker.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Stevie_boy said:
i dont rate owen, sven seems to pick him wether he is playing shot or good, sven needs to stop picking his favourite ones and play ones who are on form.
spot on, i cant stand owen, but no matter how little owen plays at real, or how superb defoe is playing. Sven will still pick owen :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Owen by a country mile - proven scorer and quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here