Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a lighter no - Shall we laugh at Scotland ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They would be the first to laugh if the shoe were on the other foot so tee hee hee!!

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Spicy said:
They would be the first to laugh if the shoe were on the other foot so tee hee hee!!

Certain sections of Celtic and Hibs maybe but then again this board seems to have an affection for them as well. Bizarre

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
cheeseroll said:
I dont take any pleasure in seeing Scotland lose and dont really get it that others do.

It's called rivalry and banter.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
cheeseroll said:
I dont take any pleasure in seeing Scotland lose and dont really get it that others do.

I do! It's them that call us the auld enemy, perhaps you don't remember them breaking the crossbar at Wembley and running riot in London? I'm delighted that they lost in such a humiliating way!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Kent Seagull said:
perhaps you don't remember them breaking the crossbar at Wembley and running riot in London?

That's not what did it for me when I was an impressionable young lad as I'm sure it wasn't just the scots who rampaged and terrorised during the 70's. Neither was it the fact that, as a 10 and 14 year old, Scotland qualified while we didn't. I was quite happy just to watch the world cup anyway and support any 'home' nation.

It was the whole Ally's army, we are going to win the world cup thing that did it for me. I don't know why but from that point on I wanted them to lose every single match. It struck me that whilst Scotland, Ireland, Wales etc could make these claims and have fanatical fans in your face but if England were to do it we would be accused of being arrogant.

This could almost fit into the irrational hatred of other clubs but I didn't think a country would qualify.

So because of Ally whassisname and, since then, all the argentinian, brazil, france, portugese shirt wearing jocks of the past four years I do this

:lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
No, lets NOT.

My 6 match accumulator would still be on track (4 in the bag) if it wasn't for those idiotic Jocks. All I'd have needed was a draw in Prague to pick up £300. But no, f***ing Scotland can't even beat a bunch of FARMERS from the arse-end of Europe.

f***ing tartan GIMPS.

Sorry Easy, but betting on Scotland to win a game of football :ohmy:

You deserve not to win

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
This is even funnier........................................................................
england.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
pasty said:
Sorry Easy, but betting on Scotland to win a game of football :ohmy:

You deserve not to win
You are absolutely right. My pen hovered over that fixture in Ladbrokes, and for some reason, I idiotically put it as a home.

Fortunately, the Hungary-Bulgaria draw didn't happen either. Otherwise I'd have been STEAMING.

roadtrip

Aug 21, 2005
Should have tried being there wasn't so funny, ah well good luck you lot next year - anyhows quite intertesting tidbit for you - Mark McGhee (who I remind you is Scottish), spent the weekend with Alex McLeish and Gordon Strachan....mmmm...when I asked him about any signings he mentioned some loan signing hopefully for christmas, then I left him and his lovely partner to enjoy their flight in peace!

I'm away to cry over my :drink:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
*Titter*

I hope they all enjoy sitting there in their grotty Glasgow pubs next year decked out in their Argie kits.
They won't even have the pleasure of beating their postcards home like normal.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Without doubt for me and i suspect many other for what had become quite respectable to wish the Scots well in 74,just became a joke in 78.With some decent players at the time Ally,blew it big time,we can win the world cup quote is a T/V godsend! It was also helped by the Andy Cameron? song that classic english footy fan favourite we're on the march with Ally's army. Just like they hate us for 66,we love for 78:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here