Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Park tickets. Waste of time and money.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Can anyone buy tickets to enter the Olympic Park, or are they sold out?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you are a Romanian pick pocket, I would say its a bargain.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Looking at the tennis there are loads of empty seats. All this talk of tickets 'being released' on a daily basis, has anyone succeeded in getting any tickets for any event through this 'daily release' system? Are any tickets (returns/newly released etc.) being sold from official outlets at the venues does anyone know? Someone above mentioned basketball tickets being sold for a fiver - shirley not...

Last edited:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Looking at the tennis there are loads of empty seats. All this talk of tickets 'being released' on a daily basis, has anyone succeeded in getting any tickets for any event through this 'daily release' system? Are any tickets (returns/newly released etc.) being sold from official outlets at the venues does anyone know? Someone above mentioned basketball tickets being sold for a fiver - shirley not...

There are loads going on sale every night but they get snapped up very quickly.

And returns are happening but never going to be as prolific as at Wimbledon as the average session length is 2-3 hours at the Olympics compared to 7-8 at Wimbledon.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Had the most fantastic day yesterday, very hard to put it all into words.

Walked along the Greenway from West Ham tube, everyone really excited, loads of competitors and judges in their team garb. Park looks fantastic with its buildings, gardens and installations. Watched Jess Ennis enter the stadium from the viewing platforms on the Orbits and 3 400 metre heats, saw Ussain Bolt warming down on the practice area from up on top as well, views over London were excellent.

What was incredible was walking around and hearing the roars (really loud) from all the stadiums, Athletics, Basketball (team USA), Hockey. Sat on the field just below the olympic rings by the Velodrome and watched rowing and Athletics on the big screen. Food and drink was plentiful, and converstaions with loads of nationalities.

Most amazing atmosphere, perhaps your boss jus doesn't like this sort of thing. I would go back at a jump.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Had the most fantastic day yesterday, very hard to put it all into words.

I'd echo that, and much else of what you said. I arrived at 8am yesterday for handball at 9.30, and didn't leave until I heard the anthem being sung inside the main stadium for Ennis' gold. An absolute privilege to be there, and I consider the £20 each i spent on the handball tickets months and months ago some of the best money I've ever spent.

Even missing the Chelsea game I wouldn't swap the experience I had yesterday for anything.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Went Friday-one of the best experiences of my life!! Atmosphere was incredible- British flags everywhere,park live area was class while I was there watching Pendleton and team GB cycle teams! Just walking around the park in the sun we heard huge roars from the hockey and swimming. Then inside the stadium the crowd reaction to Ennis was louder than any footie match ice been to!

I'll never forget it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Been up to the velodrome a few times with my 3 yr old and have to say i found the whole experience,layout and all the volunteers to be 1st class,well done olympic commitee,and i will be leaving portslade in the next 10 mins to go up for this afternoons cycling.

A few times?! How the hell did you get tickets?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I've been to the Olympic Park on five seperate days.

I can kinda understand the 'no atmosphere' comment. It's a shame there aren't screens all around the venue, and announcements when medals are won/matches finish.

If you don't have tickets to events, you HAVE to go to Park Live really. And you need good weather.

Still, you really can't knock it if you've paid £10. The Travelcard is worth that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here