Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Park tickets. Waste of time and money.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It wasn't me, it was a colleague (if you read my post) ... he said that what they had done to that part of London was pretty amazing, but he could have seen that before or after the games without paying ten quid. He's also looking forward to seeing it in about a year's time with weeds growing around the entire park and tumbleweed blowing around ... much like all the other former Olympics parks.

What exactly was your colleague expecting from his Olympic Park "experience", just out of interest?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
At a minimum he was expecting some kind of atmosphere. He tells me there was none.

What like the moon?

There was an excellent atmosphere when I was there on Saturday. Loads of happy smiling faces. I expect though in order to appreciate an atmosphere you need to actually have a positive attitude, which I expect was absent in this case.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Tremendous atmosphere when I was there on sunday. I suspct that you and your friend are well matched and will be the hoot at your xmas parties. Complaining about the food, the venue, the lack of atmosphere.

At the end of the olympics there will be one reconfigured main stadium which will possibly house a football club or a cricket county, one reduced in size aquatics centre and the copper box. Hardly the array of legacy buildings that Beijing or Athens were left with. We've already sold on the basketball arena (Rio I believe). Munich has managed to keep their olympic park very positive.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On Kingston bridge yesterday a family next to us were down from Shrewsbury. They got tickets to the park and then Queued up for returns. They said as someone leaves the olympic park their ticket is scanned and you can then purchase a replacement for £5. They had seen some Hockey, Handball and were going back to try for Basketball.

If anyone has been on site how do you find out about Live Music or what is onsite to visit/do around your own ticketed event.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Paralympic ones you get to see loads of events buying ones of the main olympics is like being sold an empty spurs shirt box at the seagulls superstore - you get nothing yet its is obvious you are buying nothing

That's what we have done. £10 per adult for a morning at the athletics stadium seemed really good value, and we added a £10 ticket for the swimming on the same day as well. For £20 per adult we get free travel cards, access to the park, and access to the pool and track. Very happy with that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
At a minimum he was expecting some kind of atmosphere. He tells me there was none.

No idea when he went but there was a superb atmosphere round the whole place when I went. Everyone is happy, giant screens to watch the action and got the whole place to explore. Would thoroughly recommend if anyone can get there to go and do it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Everyone I've heard from that's been there has said it's AMAZING. Your boss must be a miserable sod.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I was there yesterday, the same day as your colleague.

The same day GB won a gold medal in track.

The same day GB won a gold medal in rowing.

Our first gold medals in our Olympics.

Both were shown on the massive screen, in the middle of the park, with thousands of people watching, accessible to those with "just" an Olympic Park ticket.

To say there was no atmosphere is quite simply bullshit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm here right now - lack of atmosphere my arse.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It is good if you just want to see what the park is like and experience the roars coming from each sporting arena. However there is nothing to do and will be slightly dull without a ticket to an event.

I went to see the GB girls win 5-3 on Tue but once that had finished there was much else to do. They should have had a huge screen outside each sporting event going on.

The park is very spacious and well done though.. CIMG9663.JPG

Last edited:

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I was there yesterday - and ran a 3k steeplechase in the stadium - past of the last test event.

An amazing day that I will never forget, especially the warm up track behind, toddling past Tyson Gay and David Rudisha amongst others! surreal! - plus having my name on the scoreboard. The park had a really good atmosphere too..

Would heartily reccomend getting paralympic athletics tickets, the stadium is immense...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Can you just turn up at the Olympic Park and pay a tenner to get in ?

I'd like to know this too. I'd like to take my son up so at least he can say it was at the Olympics.

I can't see any link to buy access to just the park on the main site.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can you just turn up at the Olympic Park and pay a tenner to get in ?

I'd like to know this too. I'd like to take my son up so at least he can say it was at the Olympics.

I can't see any link to buy access to just the park on the main site.

You needed to buy tickets in advance. I strongly recommend looking at Paralympic tickets.
You'll probably be able to get event tickets with access to the Park, for the same price as just access during the Olympics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here