Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Mens Ice Hockey Final

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So in what way was that not 'an NHL all-star game with NHL officials'?

(Your anti-US stuff is very funny)

And as mentioned before, the American ref (the ONLY ref) awarded TEN straight penalties against Canada in the game, which is completely unheard of. I've been to 600+ hockey games and I doubt if I've seen more than five straight penalties against one team more than once.

Didn't work, though, Canada still beat them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah ok, found it on BBC2 now...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's great to watch but surely it's just an excuse to batter people and/or objects with a stick?

(I want a go)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I used to love watching Brighton Tigers playing at the old rink at the bottom of west street back in the late 50's/early 60's but the game today seems a bit anaemic in comparison

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's it all aboot?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
& could someone please tell me how long a game lasts? Too lazy/engrossed to look it up.

Ta :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3 x 20 minute periods

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2-1 Canada at the start of the third period. The atmosphere in the pub is fantastic. Every one supporting Canada (go figure) apart from two sole USA supporters. Poor bastards.

Yonge Street might be interesting if Canada can hold on for another 9 minutes...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
because they're the underdogs and the Canadians think they're the dogs bollocks!
I haven't a clue about ice hockey and this is my first full game but seems pretty even and US dont really deserve to lose at mo.

But the US are the unbeaten team coming into this game. They are also the home team in this game. They won the previous meeting. So surely the US should be the favourites?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here