Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olivier Boscagli

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Yeah I think he knows Tony loves him... its the perfect Brighton player.

Right now they would look too silly if they sold him, but reality will hit them like a truck eventually.

As for the money, it would certainly be a new record signing.

Van Hecke is super-omega-gone in a year if he keeps playing like against Manchester United. We're progressing nicely but not nicely enough to hold on to world class players for any prolonged time. Imo Van Hecke is becoming way too good not to play in a top, top team soon. Sadly..
I was listening to a Chelsea fan podcast last week when they were going through the squad ( it was quite a long podcast!). They basically have a lot of defenders and need to get rid of a few. The feeling was that Colwill had never delivered for Chelsea since returning from Brighton. One said angrily, "We could have got £40 million from Brighton last year but now we'd happily take £25m". Yes it was fan talk but they’re pretty knowledgeable blokes so I found the sentiment interesting.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was listening to a Chelsea fan podcast last week when they were going through the squad ( it was quite a long podcast!). They basically have a lot of defenders and need to get rid of a few. The feeling was that Colwill had never delivered for Chelsea since returning from Brighton. One said angrily, "We could have got £40 million from Brighton last year but now we'd happily take £25m". Yes it was fan talk but they’re pretty knowledgeable blokes so I found the sentiment interesting.
Player looks world class playing for Brighton - goes to Chelsea, doesn't play as well..........

Bit of a pattern isn't it!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apparently, despite their obvious shortcomings, the new Chelsea owners have sensibly limited weekly salaries, to new players, to around £70k.

So we are now in a position to compete with them on that front.
Well they won’t be getting the top players for a while then,
They wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well they won’t be getting the top players for a while then,
They wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

A likely transfer ban, which is coming down the line for unauthorized payments by the Abramovich regime, is going to stop anyone signing for them for a while.

That's why they've been hoovering up all the young talent they can.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Looks like this isn't happening. I'd be very surprised if other teams don't come in for him in January on a Bosman if he doesn't sign a contract, especially bigger teams.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

Looks like this isn't happening. I'd be very surprised if other teams don't come in for him in January on a Bosman if he doesn't sign a contract, especially bigger teams.

seems that way. wonder if we move onto someone else now? would have to make it quick. or maybe if we can’t get our man now then TB will be happy to wait until jan or next summer?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
seems that way. wonder if we move onto someone else now? would have to make it quick. or maybe if we can’t get our man now then TB will be happy to wait until jan or next summer?
I can't see us being the only one in for him if he goes for free. Left footed centre backs these days are really hard to come by, I think we've lost out on him and now we move on to the next target.

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Van Hecke is super-omega-gone in a year if he keeps playing like against Manchester United. We're progressing nicely but not nicely enough to hold on to world class players for any prolonged time. Imo Van Hecke is becoming way too good not to play in a top, top team soon. Sadly.
Something in JPVH's character makes me think he's the kind of player that will stick around and not jump at the first opportunity.

Queue heartbreak in 12 months time...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This one isn't happening I think. Boscagli is not happy about it but it seems we've dragged this on too long for PSV's liking and they don't have many defenders.

They could get Igor buy or loan!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Webster and Igor seem perfectly adequate back ups. With the arrival of Kadioglu and Blly staying, we can also reposition Veltman and Weifer too if necessary. Unless, there is a value deal to be done somewhere, I can't see us moving on to anybody else if this one's not happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here