Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olivier Boscagli

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It will be ultra tense to see if we can get this one done before the window SLAMS shut

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Igor wasn’t convincing last night so I can see why we’re pursuing this one.
Indeed but I don’t think Boscagli is a better player, just a very different player.

He’ll certainly have some weaknesses, probably defensively but the showreels of his deep lying left footed playmaking is a joy.

He’ll have the ability to pick out passes across the park including hitting dangerous runs from Mitoma and Minteh. No one passed to Mitoma in the 1st half against Utd, this guy should resolve that, even if played at left back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed but I don’t think Boscagli is a better player, just a very different player.

He’ll certainly have some weaknesses, probably defensively but the showreels of his deep lying left footed playmaking is a joy.

He’ll have the ability to pick out passes across the park including hitting dangerous runs from Mitoma and Minteh. No one passed to Mitoma in the 1st half against Utd, this guy should resolve that, even if played at left back.
Seems unlikely.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nor was Webster, who looked particularly slow
I agree but it is very much a position where a partnership is needed. Neither Igor or Webster have that chance. Webster in particular, being a sicknote, never gets around to playing a number of concurrent games. If he did he'd be a trustworthy player. Igor I doubt we will never know.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
This one isn't happening I think. Boscagli is not happy about it but it seems we've dragged this on too long for PSV's liking and they don't have many defenders.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This one isn't happening I think. Boscagli is not happy about it but it seems we've dragged this on too long for PSV's liking and they don't have many defenders.

Sounds very similar to how we negotiate when selling a player. I'm guessing there is still a deal to be done here, if we want it badly enough.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Sounds very similar to how we negotiate when selling a player. I'm guessing there is still a deal to be done here, if we want it badly enough.
Pretty much but it will take more than the 20 they wanted originally I reckon. They have only 1 other centre back and he's started poorly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here