NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least we got a full season and European qualification out of our dream team

Still, what a three months they had

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Chelsea are understood to have had concerns about the overall cost of the deal.

Stone me. The Hun must be getting rinsed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As much as it's fun to laugh at Palace it really is shit. Got a good player? Don't worry he will have a release clause / refuse to play / get the PFA to claim he's in jail.

FFP was starting to bite and now they go abroad instead. The status quo remains.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As much as it's fun to laugh at Palace it really is shit. Got a good player? Don't worry he will have a release clause / refuse to play / get the PFA to claim he's in jail.

FFP was starting to bite and now they go abroad instead. The status quo remains.

Olise just fancied Bayern. I’d love to live in Bavaria.

Chelsea are still at it, the PL bottled the proposed law not being able to sell property to an associated company.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023

This. Let's ignore the fact it's Palace for a minute. All they've dared to do is put together four or five decent players and a new manager with an attacking philosophy and after no more than 10 games of good form the big clubs have noticed and want to rip it apart. Seems a bit unfair to me and not something to celebrate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Let's ignore the fact it's Palace for a minute. All they've dared to do is put together four or five decent players and a new manager with an attacking philosophy and after no more than 10 games of good form the big clubs have noticed and want to rip it apart. Seems a bit unfair to me and not something to celebrate.

Not dissimilar to the vile Chavs coming after a load of Albion assets and some.

The PL allowed this $$$$ monster to develop. I realise it’s Bayern in this rare instance, but generally the Bundesliga runs on a more moral basis … low ticket prices, most owner doping outlawed.

All an Albion or CP can do is maximise the compensation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not dissimilar to the vile Chavs coming after a load of Albion assets and some.

The PL allowed this $$$$ monster to develop. I realise it’s Bayern in this rare instance, but generally the Bundesliga runs on a more moral basis … low ticket prices, most owner doping outlawed.

However we raided a minor club for a new manager, you can't have your cake and eat it ?

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is where I - for a split second - thought we might go more NFL. Want Mitoma? Sure but he's 100 million. Whilst you might have 100 million you can't spend it as that tips you over FFP and you can't just buy them all like a fat lad in a sweet shop. Which top player do you want?

The top boys will now go abroad until such time the premier league lads change the rules so they can throw cash at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here