Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham on Saturday

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All the matches are difficult, but Oldham have only won 1 of their last 12 and lost their last 4 so we are playing them whilst they are badly out of form and confidence. As I said none of the remaining matches will be easy but it seems we have got Oldham at the right time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This certainly one of our tougher games. I'm not sure whether we'd be lucky to get a point, but I wouldn't complain too much if that was all we got.

However their off the field disappointments do appear to have got the better of them of late, so hopefully we can squeak a narrow win.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They're on terrible form and seem to lack any kind of confidence, as every away game happy with a draw but go to win.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There on a terrible run we are on a nice run without playing great = home win!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
There on a terrible run we are on a nice run without playing great = home win!

That is my logic too!

Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Oldham 2-3 Sheff Wed

Saturday, 26 February 2011
Oldham 0-5 Peterborough

Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Oldham 0-1 Carlisle

Saturday, 5 February 2011
Oldham 1-1 Dag & Red

Tuesday, 1 February 2011
Oldham 4-0 Hartlepool

Plus ....

Tuesday, 11 January 2011 Npower League One
Oldham 0-6 Southampton

Recent Form - last 6 matches (League)

Home W W D L L L (Most recent)
Away D D L D L L
Collated L D L L L L

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oldham is not a nice place to play, cold and windy and some of the most miserable fans in the league. However I would expect a draw at least as their form is bad and ours is not.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
A lucky point? What the hell are you on about? We are the best team in the league! If we don't win then it won't be up to standard.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oldham were unbeaten at home up until January and this looked a stand out tough fixture. Since then they have gone completely off the rails and cold logic says away win. I am still more than a little edgy about this one though.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
If you think about how a Man Utd or Chelsea fan would view going to say Birmingham or Wigan away... I think it goes to show our tentative but frightened optimism! I am with the Fool's Logic of expecting a form defying result too... but I think Don Quixote above says it best, and perhaps is the attitude we deserve to enjoy! (...aargh, jinxed it! my fingers are crossed...)

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Oldham were one of the better sides to have visited the Withdean this season, will still be a tough game, am looking forward to it. :smokin:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their fans appear very pessimistic. Lack of onfield leadership; over-reliance on loan players; and youngsters in their first season who seem to have hit the wall are the main reasons they are offering for their recent demise and they don't see a way out of it before Saturday so the omens are good.

We are top of the league and we are the best side in the league. We have shown we can play teams off the park if they don't close us down and we have shown we can scrap it out when we need to. A surprise result on Saturday would be a draw but having not seen us lose a league game this season I am planning on travelling north this weekend to try to "buy" us a vital win with 2 home games to follow in the race for 80 points by the month's end. (It helps that I've got family up there and although Oldham is a shithole it is not without some decent beer :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here