Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Older ‘experienced pro’ signing?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
mentioned by naylor several times that we will look to recruit another older player to add experience to an otherwise very young squad, as we have before with lallana, welbeck and milner.

any ideas on who it could be/who you’d like it to be? or what position? can’t be some decrepit pensioner who won’t be able to keep pace with FH’s high-octane wünderball

would imagine they’d be a free agent as i can’t see us paying a fee for a 30+ year old, and also have premier league experience/fit the ‘home grown’ criteria, ideally. there’s a non-exhaustive list below, and to be honest looking through that, there’s not many i can see that fit the bill:

guido rodriguez would’ve been nice, but he looks off to barca, barkley has been mentioned before too but seems as though he’s villa-bound. then there’s thiago, but he’s injured all the time and probably on massive wages. elneny? decordova-reid? andre gomes? there doesn’t seem to be many decent options at all, so will be interesting to see what the club do here.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Donny Van De Beek.

I genuinely think he needs to come to a club like ours to rebuild his career.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kevin De Bruyne.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Casemiro?

Do we need another older experienced pro? We already have Welbeck, Dunk, Groß, Steele and Veltman over 30. We gave a new deal to Milner, who'd missed the last half of the season following a seemingly innocuous injury that never improved to the point RDZ stopped mentioning him until he got the new contract.

Verbruggen, Gilmour, Moder and Mitoma all have international experience. Igor is hardly an oily young shaver.

If we're going to be playing high tempo football, is another injury prone old timer really what we need? If we're getting someone I'd like them able to play 90 minutes once a week and add value on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here