at home
jg_35_090.jpg

If only the London Road by Braypool was like this now

:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
strange I have just put some postcards in a frame that I found in Carmarthen market all four were from the 30's of the old Steine,war memorial,Madeira drive, and the south gate of the Pavillion all reminders of the places I used to meet my mates or girlfiends.

makes me proud to have been born in such a beautiful city

Electricity House Glasfryn?

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Hey Glasfryn, the Wine Store at the bottom of Hartington Rd., was 142 Lewes Rd. where I lived as a very young lad round about 1928. At that time it was an Off Licence. Cheeres.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Electricity House Glasfryn?

and there too but the places just round the corner were good quieter if you know what I mean.
do I know you?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hey Glasfryn, the Wine Store at the bottom of Hartington Rd., was 142 Lewes Rd. where I lived as a very young lad round about 1928. At that time it was an Off Licence. Cheeres.

my first home was in Mighel street and moved all over Brighton(inc Hollingbury and Withdean) as well as all over the UK and ended up coming home to live in Chester terrace then Fishergate, Mile oak, gladstone terrace in Brighton,Railway cottages at the bottom of Moulscombe way,the Lewes rd Cafe,(which we run for 4 years) Redvers road then to here in Wales....................so many of the places in the photo's I know like will do at nearly 90

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Thx a million TLO. The Wine Store at Lewes Rd./ Hartington Rd., was where I lived in the Off Licence about 1928.
y family says that my living there aswers many of theur questions!!

That stand and the entrance were still there until the late 80's. :lol:
The entrance is still there. It's used for ticket distribution on matchdays.

The tennis stadium went when I got Brighton Borough Council to pull it down to give me more car parking spaces for the shoppers' park and ride service that I managed during the 1990s.

This had the spin-off benefit of ensuring that a major demolition job wasn't needed when the Club wanted to use Withdean as a football stadium.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Yeah, I know The Regency Society opposed the stadium at Falmer, with their representative solicitor (her with the pudding basin haircut - remember her?) making some very bizarre contradictory statements about the migrating and travelling habits of regular football fans on their way to a match (e.g. they would be easily prepared to walk from Holland Road, Hove to Sheepcote Valley, but not walk from Churchill Square to Brighton Station), and therefore they smell of poo.

However, they host an amazing collection of pictures of Brighton from years gone by, courtesy of a fella called James Gray.

Enjoy...

The James Gray Collection

He was a good friend of my dad and an Albion fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here