Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old fuckers that moan about kids being off school/college

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Give it a tossing well rest you senile, grave dodging gits. Let us have some fun, eh?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Who's been moaning?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I dont mind the old people which you can have a laugh with, which dont mind a bit of banter. But I hate it when some of them just moan about it, they would do the same if they were in our position.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Five Live is a joke. They have had every whinging git on who had to take a day off to look after their kids. Yes, that's right, their kids, not someone elses. They would be the very same ones who would ring in and moan if they woke up in the morning and then found the school closed.

They also been banging on about how much business has been lost! Well exactly how is that calculated then? Strikes me that anyone who needs something and didn't buy it on Monday will go out today or tomorrow and buy it, whether that be commodities or services etc. Accept a few industries might lose out but not much in the grand scheme of things.

And finally, they were talking about losing wages if you can't get in and that the employer has every right not to pay. Well that's fine so long as the employer is a clock watcher and also pays everyone for every minute over and above there contracted hours.

A bit of snow on a couple of days of the year and suddenly it's a financial disaster. Get a life and go and have a snow fight.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You can bet your bottom dollar that if the schools were opened and one of their darling kids happened to slip on a patch of ice, or get hit by a slightly hard snowball (assuming snowball fights hadn't been banned), those saddos whinging about schools being closed would be right on the phone to complain that the school had put their kids at risk.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
This is a once in a childhood chance to have some real run and act like a kid and these saddo's just can't relax and let them enjoy themselves and Drew you are absolutely right if You can't buy milk today you just have to wait until tomorrow and all those jobsworths who think there is no excuse for not getting to work cause more problems by crashing their cars and causing 50 mile tailbacks on the M25. I built a snowman with my four year old son and I haven't had so much fun for ages - sorry I meant my four year old hasn't had so much fun. It has been magic and finally those dickheads who say everyone should have a set of snow tyres and every street should have their own snow plough and the country should be just just like Russia or Sweden, should go and live there

I can't remember a single occasion when the school I went to closed because of snow. But I do remember some amazingly heavy snowfalls - far more than we had yesterday.

Kids walked to school. If you couldn't get there, you had to explain yourself.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In short trousers too.:lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
now will you all feck off and get to school / work or whatever while us retired oldies take a well earned rest

oh all right then.

enjoy it while you can. :lolol:

after all you've probably got years of working life ahead of you while I can have a lie in anytime I like

:blush:

Well as a fully fledged skiving teacher, after marking SATs papers this a.m. I attempted to re-inflate the Queens Park economy by spending out on lunch at Wild Cherry- lovely, and then a pint of HSB in the Ranelagh- nice fire, after shopping in cosmopolitan St James St.

If I'd been at work I would have put about 90p into the local
economy on a Guardian, (thus perpetuating another teacher stereotype).

Close the schools tomorrow and I'll keep the Garden Centre afloat for another week!

Last edited:

You can bet your bottom dollar that if the schools were opened and one of their darling kids happened to slip on a patch of ice, or get hit by a slightly hard snowball (assuming snowball fights hadn't been banned), those saddos whinging about schools being closed would be right on the phone to complain that the school had put their kids at risk.

Last year, when it snowed, I had to reassure my old head that it was at my risk if anyone got hurt when I took them on the field at playtime for a snowball fight on our flat field!

I am sure one of the main reasons schools were shut today were because it would have meant clearing every last speck of ice from the playground before anyone came on the premises!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
When i was a lad......only sent home from school once (1968?) due to snow and there were some kids who did wear short trousers. mind you, better than being a girl, how did those bare legs cope with the cold although, having said that, you know it's cold when youngsters start wearing coats!

very strange up here in lower bev yesterday to hear the sound of kids playing at the end of the valley in the snow. Years ago you would always know when the schools were out because of the sound of kids playing but in these cautious, paranoid, days kids just don't play out anymore so i thought it was great to see and hear so many out & having a good time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
1968 was the only truly bad snow I ever remember in Brighton. We walked to school from Portslade through Hangleton Lane and it was knee deep.......don't remember wearing a coat though :clap2:

....and yes it is great to hear kids playing (relatively) innocently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here