Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old fuckers that moan about kids being off school/college

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I took the train from Brighton to Lewes yesterday to get into work.

From the reaction of some people today, you'd think I had just cured cancer.

Sake, I walked to the station and waited for a train. How f***ing hard is that?

My Hero. How do YOU do it?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I took the train from Brighton to Lewes yesterday to get into work.

From the reaction of some people today, you'd think I had just cured cancer.

Sake, I walked to the station and waited for a train. How f***ing hard is that?

Our boss went round the office today thanking everyone who had come in. It was nice of him, but seriously, all we f***ing did is do what we're paid to do. Trains were a bit dodgy but still running. Tubes and buses seemed ok. No fuss.

Fair enough yesterday for those who's kids couldn't go to school though. I remember in the early 80s having the school close and a couple of days pissing about in the snow (not literally), so why deny kids the chance to do the same now. Plus, as has already been mentioned, anything that gets the KFC munching fatties outdoors is good too.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
In my 13 year school life, I never got ONE day off, then the year after I leave it all, there's 2. It's not my day.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
In my 13 year school life, I never got ONE day off, then the year after I leave it all, there's 2. It's not my day.

Well I took Monday off to play golf. f***ing great. And then I find that most of the UK got it as a freebie anyway!! :angry:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Hello - I'm an old fucker who was trawling the internet looking for an opportunity to moan about kids being off school/college when I stumbled upon this thread.

Kids today eh? Bastards the lot of 'em. A spell in the army would sort them out and if it doesn't we should just shoot them.

Thank you.

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Give it a tossing well rest you senile, grave dodging gits. Let us have some fun, eh?

You immature little xunt would you like to explain what you are talking about.
Perhaps you could do it when you go back to school in your break:tosser:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You can bet your bottom dollar that if the schools were opened and one of their darling kids happened to slip on a patch of ice, or get hit by a slightly hard snowball (assuming snowball fights hadn't been banned), those saddos whinging about schools being closed would be right on the phone to complain that the school had put their kids at risk.

If that girl on a sledge had been at school she wouldn't be dead.???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can't remember a single occasion when the school I went to closed because of snow. But I do remember some amazingly heavy snowfalls - far more than we had yesterday.

Kids walked to school. If you couldn't get there, you had to explain yourself.

me too and then when I got there they stood on my head in a bucket of dog s**t

"The three most dangerous words in the English language.....health and safety." (Stephen Fry)

not around while I was at school otherwise my education would have suffered

When i was a lad......only sent home from school once (1968?) due to snow and there were some kids who did wear short trousers. mind you, better than being a girl, how did those bare legs cope with the cold although, having said that, you know it's cold when youngsters start wearing coats!

very strange up here in lower bev yesterday to hear the sound of kids playing at the end of the valley in the snow. Years ago you would always know when the schools were out because of the sound of kids playing but in these cautious, paranoid, days kids just don't play out anymore so i thought it was great to see and hear so many out & having a good time.

those undoubtedly WERE the days

1968 was the only truly bad snow I ever remember in Brighton. We walked to school from Portslade through Hangleton Lane and it was knee deep.......don't remember wearing a coat though :clap2:

....and yes it is great to hear kids playing (relatively) innocently

I would have stopped and had a game of ice golf

but think how much better educated you are because of that

seriously we are wrapping kids in too much cotton wool

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had to call the AA man out to get me started monday night and he spent 10 minutes after he had had helped me out making snowballs which he put on the front seat of his van in order ''to get those bloody kids who got me on the way into your road''

Thats the attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here