Sussex by the Sea
Shades?

Pav1.jpg

Pav2.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
i think the worst element is the signage on shops. Years back hand sign written and or even sculptured, nowadays cheap as chips horrid plastic rubbish, vinyl wraps stuck all over the windows and finished with uncleaned filthy doorways that haven’t seen a mop and bucket in years.
I'm not the only one on here who's worked in the sign industry. Its absolute shyte now, cheap disposable crap. Not all but most. It's the smaller independants who may invest in something interesting, but the corporate identity programmes are generally rubbish.

Dominos is a good example of premium crapulence.
JTG get the idea.

Attachments

• 88521252-FAFA-41C6-B27A-D0ABAE42E583.jpeg
    88521252-FAFA-41C6-B27A-D0ABAE42E583.jpeg
    583.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ah, the Dudley Hotel. Spent many an hour waiting for Chelsea players autographs back in 1968. If I knew then what I know now!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anybody know why it was actually called Shades? Always wondered that. It was always called Shades even in the mid seventies / early eighties as I recall. Was it the name of a nightclub night in the back bar of the Pav Tav or something? And nobody ever drank in the front bar
I remember Shades mid 70s as the back bar reached from Steine lane. Only old gits drank in the PavTav (y)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I'm not the only one on here who's worked in the sign industry. Its absolute shyte now, cheap disposable crap. Not all but most. It's the smaller independants who may invest in something interesting, but the corporate identity programmes are generally rubbish.

Dominos is a good example of premium crapulence.
JTG get the idea.
Oh, there's a shop behind the Lambretta then.......

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Anybody know why it was actually called Shades? Always wondered that. It was always called Shades even in the mid seventies / early eighties as I recall. Was it the name of a nightclub night in the back bar of the Pav Tav or something? And nobody ever drank in the front bar
I always thought Shades was another name for a prostitute hangout?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here