Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
OK.I have spoken to the club,and apparently whilst I was mislead into thinking that the away scheme was for life,as promised at the time,apparently it was for the life of the scheme,not the member.This was not was was said at the time.It was clearly said that the £10 payment was a one off.

It is now a two off,and I think that is a swindle of the highest order.

Further,though my application form for the new scheme carries no expiry date,the onus was on me to find out when my ability to extend my old membership into the new ended.

Plainly this is not good enough.

Now,I know it's only a tenner,but it is a principle at stake here.I have paid one lifetime membership,and now to get away tickets I have to pay again.

In fact,I got through to Mr Perry on this,and got nowhere.He has put more money than my tenner into the club,you see.

So bu**er the principle involved.

I am seriously considering legal action over this,perhaps small claims court.

It is just a rip off perpetrated by a club which has had astoundingly good press over its recent hardships,and during which time it has looked to its loyal support for strength.

Thanks very much for rewarding loyalty this way.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

From a fifty year supporter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
apparently it was for the life of the scheme,not the member.
:lolol: :lolol:
Brilliant !
Youve got to admire their inventiveness. Its almost Bates-like in its brash, f***-you simplicity.

Seriously, I can see why some people are a bit miffed at this sleight of hand by the club, but the Small Claims Court ?? Over a TENNER ?? Get a grip man, lifes too short. When you look at how much you spend on one single away trip (ticket, travel, beers, food) a tenner up-front for your away games at the start of the season is nothing really, in the great scheme of things.

Yes yes, principle of it all, blah blah. Lifes not fair though. Get used to it and get on with it, or spend your life moaning about it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its is only a tenner and as it started in 2001 thats worked out at £1.60 a year so thats been good value.

And yes I will have to reapply but it is only a tenner. Anyway I want my big day out at a premier league club in the FA Cup so a tenner is well worth it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Small Claims Court is £50 I believe.
But you can claim the costs back off Falmer Parish Council.
Or something.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
OK.I have spoken to the club,and apparently whilst I was mislead into thinking that the away scheme was for life,as promised at the time,apparently it was for the life of the scheme,not the member.This was not was was said at the time.It was clearly said that the £10 payment was a one off.

It is now a two off,and I think that is a swindle of the highest order.

Further,though my application form for the new scheme carries no expiry date,the onus was on me to find out when my ability to extend my old membership into the new ended.

Plainly this is not good enough.

Now,I know it's only a tenner,but it is a principle at stake here.I have paid one lifetime membership,and now to get away tickets I have to pay again.

In fact,I got through to Mr Perry on this,and got nowhere.He has put more money than my tenner into the club,you see.

So bu**er the principle involved.

It is just a rip off perpetrated by a club which has had astoundingly good press over its recent hardships,and during which time it has looked to its loyal support for strength.

Thanks very much for rewarding loyalty this way.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

From a fifty year supporter.

You had plenty of opportunity to renew for free - all you had to do was fill in one simple form.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You had plenty of opportunity to renew for free - all you had to do was fill in one simple form.
Wasn't it only publicized on the club website though? Not everyone goes on there.

And why should someone need to be given an "oppurtunity" not to be charged when they have already paid anyway?

Do it. Go on, do it. Go and see how many solicitors will take your case and how many of them laugh you out of their offices.

Get a life mate. The club publicised the new schemes and what you needed to do. There were numerous threads on here about them if you somehow managed to miss the club's own publications, yet you still didn't quite grasp the fact that you had several weeks to fill in one form to save yourself a tenner. Now you still had to fill that form in and it's cost you a tenner, yes ten whole pounds. Whoopee do!

It's not a rip off at all. There was plenty of warning and you just didn't do anything about it. Tough titty.

Wasn't it only publicized on the club website though? Not everyone goes on there.

And why should someone need to be given an "oppurtunity" not to be charged when they have already paid anyway?

And discussed extensively on here. And in the Argus.

The scheme has changed so they had no obligation to the old scheme at all really. It was pretty good of them to give that opportunity, they didn't have to at all.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
£10 is a bargain for a membership like that. our scheme is £30. per season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is the correct answer. :thumbsup:

have you come accross this problem:

My mini does this all the time!

Re: Purchased songs won't play
Posted: Jun 30, 2007 7:39 AM in response to: tepperleen Reply Email

I am having the same problem. Sometimes the songs I purchased are there. Usually when it's fully charged and right after syncing. But after a while when I try to play a purchased song you see the title and artist, click on it time it looks like its going to play and after about 1 second it skips to the next song.

I have to add the support page is not very helpful. Or at least it's not easy to find the help I need.

PC Windows XP

The Apple people dont knwo why this is happening either

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

There was no time limit set on the form.

So not so simple.Apparently there were 46000 aws members.Lot of tenners.(Figures from club,btw.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here