Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oktoberfest

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else ever attended the piss up to end all piss ups (until they do it all again next year) in Munich? Quite fancy it - you don't even need to reserve tables apparently. I know it's meant to be quite touristy, although 70% of all the attendees are Bavarians, for better or for worse. Any advice from seasoned tent veterans appreciated.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
we could always arrange a belated stag harvs.......now that's what i call a 4000th post:clap:
:eek: :eek: What a f***ing great idea!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
When is it? :jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
bizarrely enough it's in september. so much for german efficiency!
Because it's warmer then, so people drink more beer. So much for German business sense. :wave: :drink:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
...you don't even need to reserve tables apparently.

No, but it does get bloody crowded, especially at the weekend, so get there early. Some friends went on the first Sunday last year, arrived at 2pm and found it impossible to get inside the tent.

Quietest time to go is mid-afternoon during the week, when you can sit and watch in awe as little German grannies, swigging from beer glasses larger than they are, tuck into their third stein...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
Anyone else ever attended the piss up to end all piss ups (until they do it all again next year) in Munich? Quite fancy it - you don't even need to reserve tables apparently. I know it's meant to be quite touristy, although 70% of all the attendees are Bavarians, for better or for worse. Any advice from seasoned tent veterans appreciated.
I'd be more than HAPPY to come along - especially if the other 30% are made up of top, top Norwegian pilates teachers, Harvs :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Oktoberfest

Simster said:
I'd be more than HAPPY to come along - especially if the other 30% are made up of top, top Norwegian pilates teachers, Harvs :thumbsup:
Gottimhimmel:
dirndl.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oktoberfest

afters said:
see seduction school thread for top tips.
Thanks DAVID but my recent track record has actually been quite reasonable.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Hallo schatzilein...willst du mit mir bumsen?"
"Verfick dich, dickes Arschloch"
"Na...OK, tschuess."

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I went last year for the opening weekend - it pissed it down and was very difficult to get into the beer halls but a great atmosphere and great big jugs.

All the locals wear their bavarian costume even the teenagers and it is a massive event.

Last year was made even better due to the fact that my missus was working over there at the time, so a hotel was free. I hear it is a big problem trying to get a hotel and my easyjet ticket was quite expensive but a great weekend away. Book early.

Obviously there were loads of locals and Germans but a surprisingly huge number of antipodeans who flew from here for the weekend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RB said:
I went last year for the opening weekend - it pissed it down and was very difficult to get into the beer halls but a great atmosphere and great big jugs.

All the locals wear their bavarian costume even the teenagers and it is a massive event.

Last year was made even better due to the fact that my missus was working over there at the time, so a hotel was free. I hear it is a big problem trying to get a hotel and my easyjet ticket was quite expensive but a great weekend away. Book early.

Obviously there were loads of locals and Germans but a surprisingly huge number of antipodeans who flew from here for the weekend.
But crucially, and it is crucial - what's the standard of SKIRT? ???

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
But not all the fraulein look great in their Bavarian get-up, there were a couple of monsters serving us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here