Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh what a surprise. Top 4 are

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the usual suspects and 2 out of the three who went up look likely to go straight down again.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You sound surprised?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The only surprise is that after Hull's incredibly strong start to the season it now looks as if they're going down while Stoke have done enough to hang on, for a season.

The biggest shame is that Hull's DREADFUL form means that a space that could have belonged to Newcastle will now see the Tigers relegated instead

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only surprise is that after Hull's incredibly strong start to the season it now looks as if they're going down while Stoke have done enough to hang on, for a season.

The biggest shame is that Hull's DREADFUL form means that a space that could have belonged to Newcastle will now see the Tigers relegated instead

All is not lost , When Manure secure the Premier League tomorrow they will put out the youngsters against Hull if it means a draw sends Newcastle down.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Money talks and bullshit walks...

And Middlesbrough have been knocking on the trapdoor for ages :thumbsup:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
There's something about Phil Brown that reminds me of Steve Mclaren....the apparent media friendliness, the soundbites, the sun-tan, the up-front image.
Like the ex England mgr he thinks he is the best man-manager in the world....sadly the truth is self-evident.
He treated the players appallingly on the pitch at Man.City and his accusations during the ' spitting ' incident at Arsenal were childish and laughable.
Under a different manager ( e.g Allardyce ) Hull would be surviving.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
There's something about Phil Brown that reminds me of Steve Mclaren....the apparent media friendliness, the soundbites, the sun-tan, the up-front image.
Like the ex England mgr he thinks he is the best man-manager in the world....sadly the truth is self-evident.
He treated the players appallingly on the pitch at Man.City and his accusations during the ' spitting ' incident at Arsenal were childish and laughable.
Under a different manager ( e.g Allardyce ) Hull would be surviving.

Funny you should say that because Steve Mclaren is being lined up as boss of Ajax, after hugely impressing at Twente:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most depressing of all was the way Villa wilted as the season wore on.

Expect more of the same next season. I hear it will take 19 matches in order to win the Europa League. That will rule Villa and Everton out of contention, but if Spurs miss out on Europe I could see them making another charge for 4th spot.

Arsenal's kids are still a season away and with Fabregas and Adebayor there is unrest in the ranks. Wenger needs to land a marque signing early in the summer, someone like Tevez.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
But who expected Spurs to come top 8, after being bottom after 8 games? :banana:

Also Pav, Redknapp has put himself under Pressure by saying 'he dont want Europe' , so he can concentrate of that top 4 push. Do I think we will get it? Do I f*** . :laugh:

I'll take 5th - European Tour. :banana:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing is without Europe players are not in the shop window as much. Also, players joining a club in the Europa League knows they'll get quite a bit of first team action.

Mar 13, 2008
All is not lost , When Manure secure the Premier League tomorrow they will put out the youngsters against Hull if it means a draw sends Newcastle down.
They cant secure it today. Need 4 points to do that.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The Bundesliga is the place to be for excitement. Any of 4 sides could win the league and the relegation spots are all up for grabs still.

Seeing sides like Wolfsburg and Hertha competing for the title shows that the German league has an unpredictable factor that the Premiership has lacked for a long time. Yes, the quality is not the same but Sky would cream themselves for such an exciting finish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Bundesliga is the place to be for excitement. Any of 4 sides could win the league and the relegation spots are all up for grabs still.

Seeing sides like Wolfsburg and Hertha competing for the title shows that the German league has an unpredictable factor that the Premiership has lacked for a long time. Yes, the quality is not the same but Sky would cream themselves for such an exciting finish.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Folk would have yawned if I had brought it up. I follow Hertha and was out there last weekend. An exciting game in brilliant sunshine, won 2-0 and the top three are now seperated by a single point with 2 games to go. Bayern won last year (yawn) but the year before it was two entirely different teams: Schalke were romping it 'til Stuttgart pipped them at the death.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The thing is without Europe players are not in the shop window as much. Also, players joining a club in the Europa League knows they'll get quite a bit of first team action.

For once, I disagree, I think the main factor in a player signing for a club is now MONEY. Something, thankfully, we have.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't help thinking that next season will be worse - with Villa probably missing their best chance the break top 4 and Arsenal probably being better than their mediocre showing this season. Hopefully Tottenham give the Top 4 a run for their money but I seriously don't see it happening.

I can see the relegation being pretty predictable next year as well - Wolves might struggle and I don't have much regard for McLeish's ability. Burnley and Sheffield United will probably come down again as well, and if any of those teams do escape relegation it will almost certainly be Stoke, Sunderland or another 'minnow'.

Truely is a crap competition rendered entertaining by the media circus and the quality of player on offer.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hopefully Tottenham give the Top 4 a run for their money but I seriously don't see it happening.

No chance. I think we'll get 5th though.

I'd rather get 5th next season and be in the Europa League, than come 4th and have no European Aways.:p

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't help thinking that next season will be worse - with Villa probably missing their best chance the break top 4 and Arsenal probably being better than their mediocre showing this season. Hopefully Tottenham give the Top 4 a run for their money but I seriously don't see it happening.

I can see the relegation being pretty predictable next year as well - Wolves might struggle and I don't have much regard for McLeish's ability. Burnley and Sheffield United will probably come down again as well, and if any of those teams do escape relegation it will almost certainly be Stoke, Sunderland or another 'minnow'.

Truely is a crap competition rendered entertaining by the media circus and the quality of player on offer.

Hey Spider. Do not worry. Next season will not be worse. In fact it will be exactly the same as this year.

I will stick my neck out and predict top 4 will be the usual suspects and 2 out of the three who go up this year will go straight back down again. just call me Nostradamus.

Mar 13, 2008
Man City, Tottenham, Villa and Everton will all start to push the top 4 soon. Man City and maybe Tottenham can out spend Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here