Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh My God

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Latest on this is that two people (a man and woman) are fighting for their life in hospital after being hit by the car on the pavement. Driver did walk away. No deaths. No arrests.

Have seen pictures of the crash and it's amazing no one has died. Let's hope it stays that way.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If the driver really was travelling that fast surely that strengthens the case for speed camaras. If no-one broke speed limits there would be no camaras, simple! Speed limits are there precisely to prevent accidents like this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That piece of road is extemely dangerous. There is a set of lights where stoodents are crossing all the time and the speed limit is 40 mph for a start, its a disgrace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get it when people complain about the police and government using speed cameras to generate revenue.

We all speed at times, but at the end of the day it is breaking the law, so if you get done, deal with it. If you don't like the fine...er...don't speed!

You wouldn't beat the crap out of someone and then appeal against your conviction on the grounds that it's unfair as you didn't know you were going to get caught...

*sits back and awaits flaming*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I don't get it when people complain about the police and government using speed cameras to generate revenue.

We all speed at times, but at the end of the day it is breaking the law, so if you get done, deal with it. If you don't like the fine...er...don't speed!

You wouldn't beat the crap out of someone and then appeal against your conviction on the grounds that it's unfair as you didn't know you were going to get caught...

*sits back and awaits flaming*

Why flame that?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Do you know who the victims were yet?

Ages?

:(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not yet, they were students though. No imformation has been released but from what i've heard they were about 20/21.

f***ing shame.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why flame that?

Some people seem to have this thing about the government /police persecuting motorists, how unfair it all is etc.

It's not very fashionable to say "don't speed" is it!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Not yet, they were students though. No imformation has been released but from what i've heard they were about 20/21.

f***ing shame.

Grrrr!

Horrible thing to say but I hope its noone I know. I have got a lot of friends on Lewes Road.

Something should be done about that road. There are always flowers along it. Dangerous road.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
NO, i speed all the time and if i'm ever caught i'll know that the only person to blame is myself. It's the law and should be treated as such.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agree totally Chappers, I'm the same.

I'd be annoyed if I got busted, but mainly pissed off at myself for wasting £60 or whatever it is.

Certainly wouldn't rant at the OB!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I have never been caught by a speed camera therefore never had to pay the fine. It's avoidable.

The whole purpose of speed limits is to prevent accidents, if anyone speeds they deserve to have one.

As usual it's innocent people that suffer from the recklessness of speeding drivers.

I have no sympathy at all for anyone that gets caught.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I heard about it when i got in from work today as i don't live that far from there, shame really. hope everyone is ok. apparently some girl was on the side of the road in a bad state. my thoughts are with them

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Speed cameras are for making money not for saving lives!!!:nono:
Most accidents are by twats who have nicked a car or its not in there name and careless drivers.

And not forgetting its also the people who don't look when crossing a road that get a share of the blame.

If you think speed cameras will solve the problem your wrong very wrong.:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Okay, official story, two cars coming into brighton on the lewes road, one on ht eoutside lane and one of the inside. The car on the inside was travelling at speed, the one of the outside was not.

The car on the inside had just UNDERtaken the other when it lost control and span and flipped the other car which had been travelling at the correct speed veered and hit two students.

Still can't believe this shit.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
And not forgetting its also the people who don't look when crossing a road that get a share of the blame.

Berkshire, the ppl weren't crossing the road. The guy lost control and ppl on the pavement were hit from what I've read. Don't be stupid and claim that speeding isn't to blame. If there were more cameras, drivers wouldn't speed, and accidents like this wouldn't happen. Very bad timing to blame pedestrians for accidents like this.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The people hit were on the pavement.

Two people going about there daily business wiped out due to the stupidity of one person.

Doesn't seem very fair does it?

Lush

Mods' Pet
ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS - you could also argue that the guy in the outside lane was also to blame.

Outside lanes are for overtaking or turning right, not for sitting in thinking that just because you're driving on the speed limit, no-one should be going faster than you.

Same goes for people who drive 70mph in the middle lane of the motorway, who refuse to move into the inside lane because anyone trying to pass them is obviously speeding

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The Institute of advanced Motorists teach that if you are travelling at the prescribed speed limit, it is correct to stay in which ever lane you like as no-one can overtake without breaking the law.

I find it strange that people in cars can blatantly break the law and complain about methods of enforcing it.

If an incident like today happened on the railways the HSE would be out in force there would be a big investigation and the papers would have a field day. Yet if train drivers disregarded the rules that apply to them in the same way the motorists ingnore the rules of the road, they would very soon be unemployed. Believe it or not, train drivers are subjected to regular speed checks including radar guns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here