Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offside or Onside you decide

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I think it's onside, if anything he's in line and I thought the attacking team was meant to get the benefit of doubt. :censored:

Attachments

• offside v hartlepool.jpg
    offside v hartlepool.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 306

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
so was it murray who was adjudged to have been offside?

from behind the goal, it looked like fleetwood had pulled the ball back and murray run onto it, which is not offside in any case

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It does look onside to me. I you line up a bit of paper with the edge of the six yard box and draw it back (with a slight rotation to allow for the camera angle), it would appear that Murray is marginally behind the ball.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Seeing it on TV, it looked offside to be honest - although Adams said the ball was pulled 'back', that doesn't seem to be the case.

Shame.

Nice picture though John.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
so was it murray who was adjudged to have been offside?

from behind the goal, it looked like fleetwood had pulled the ball back and murray run onto it, which is not offside in any case

Yeah the lino flags when the ball is played to Muzza and the free kick is taken from there as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
of course, at the time it may have appeared that murray had run onto the ball because he is so lazy/slow :jester:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I can imagine how the Lino gave it though, Im guessing Fleetwood? when he passed the ball slowed a bit and Murray carried on running and wether it was tight or not it would look offside if you saw it in real time!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
looks level but lino would give decision against Muzza as he normally strays offside.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
looks comfortably offside to me...

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
If Murray is behind the ball when it's played, does that mean it can't be offside? Does it matter whether the ball is played backwards or forwards? I'm not sure about the rules now.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If Murray is behind the ball when it's played, does that mean it can't be offside? Does it matter whether the ball is played backwards or forwards? I'm not sure about the rules now.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent
Commiting an Offside Offence
A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play
  • interfering with an opponent
  • gaining an advantage by being in that position
Doesn't exactly answer your question but there is always this:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Offside_rule

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008

Bottom line......if he's behind the ball when it's played he's on side, the old rule was when the ball is played two players including the goalkeeper must be between you and the ball. What it is now is anyone's guess and is normally made up in the day by the ref and his assistants.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
offside, only just though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here