Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** OFFICIAL Transfer deadline day thread. **

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Andy Naylor argus Albion editor, says on twitter, pretty much done deal on 1 maybe 2 players! I'm thinking Boyd and paynter, that would disapoint me a little, beckford and cox would be better :) or Lukaku from Chelsea, #never gonna happen!

1. You're living in dream land.
2. I think Stoke wanted him on loan and it was impossible as the rules state that a player cannot move from one club to another in the same window.

Although how did Mark Wright leave then?!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
1. You're living in dream land.
2. I think Stoke wanted him on loan and it was impossible as the rules state that a player cannot move from one club to another in the same window.

Although how did Mark Wright leave then?!
another prem club mate he can drop a league, but would Chelsea risk a 15mill signing in a very physical championship

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
I think both players gus is getting will be a surprise..just like cms..were doing well at the moment and we will attract players..not all players will chose the money option and go to leicester for example

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I think Paynter is more likely to be done but I'd prefer Jordan Rhodes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reckon it'll be Paynter. I'm sure if Gus gets hold of him, he'll be a decent addition to the side.
I would bloody love it if we signed Boyd. Class act.
Highly doubt it'll happen though unfortunately.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Have I woken up into a dreamland. Is Steve Bruce really offering £10M for Peter Crouch?

The world's gone mad!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
How exciting is this and what a time to be an Albion fan?! I've got a feeling that there's a "big name" somewhere in the mix, I'm not sure money (but not silly money) is a problem for the right player and I think Rhodes would be an excellent signing, even if he played last night.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It will be Paynter, though I wish it was Rhodes. There's another striker potentially on the way too.... Loan from a Prem Club
Why the hold up Tim ? Don't know why people knock Paynter. Sometimes things don't work out for players at certain clubs. If we land Paynter i'm sure he will find his old form again under the excellent coaching skills of Gus and his team.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Argus lead is one, maybe two. No names mentioned at all. "One is somebody we have been following for a while". "The other one could be an impact signing which is going to be very nice for the football club". Then follows up with "We don't have practically any money left in the budget to buy. There is a possibility we can negotiate some conditions but it's not an easy one".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here