Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer deadline day thread**

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We will probably stay up but we will play shit all the way through this season. I have not paid to watch all the home matches to watch us LOSE. f***ing HELL Bloom/Poyet you CRETINS. They better get some quality in on loan... OR ELSE.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We will probably stay up but we will play shit all the way through this season. I have not paid to watch all the home matches to watch us LOSE. f***ing HELL Bloom/Poyet you CRETINS. They better get some quality in on loan... OR ELSE.

Have you actually been going. The football since Poyet arrives has been a lot better than recent seasons. Calling the person who paid £90 million so you can sit in a decent stadium in a couple of years a cretin because we haven't signed someone on deadline day is pathetic and you really need some perspective.

By the way out of interest what does "or else" mean. What exactly are you going to do?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
People are getting depressed because it doesn't seem to matter who our chairman is, or who manages us, or who plays for us, we just keep losing.

All we want from this season is to be comfortable in mid-table going into the last two or three games, but I suspect that such a scenario is too much to hope for.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The problem is that football is in the entertainment business - creating and raising expectation. GP has made it clear that he expected a signing and it hasn't happened (for whatever reason). If he had said on saturday that he didn't expect to do business it would be completely different but as it is peoples' expectations have been dashed and there will inevitably be a backlash in terms of their expressing disappointment. The danger is that if we don't get some good results soon that disappointment will be reflected in gates. Thankfully we are away next week with a game we could win - indeed a game we now need to win for more reasons than just to keep the gap between us and the drop zone.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Have you actually been going. The football since Poyet arrives has been a lot better than recent seasons. Calling the person who paid £90 million so you can sit in a decent stadium in a couple of years a cretin because we haven't signed someone on deadline day is pathetic and you really need some perspective.

By the way out of interest what does "or else" mean. What exactly are you going to do?

I was not be 100% serious in that post. Maybe i should have put a disclaimer at the bottom or something. "OR ELSE" obviously means MURDER or something like that.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have a sneaky feeling we might just hear something in the next hour or so!

Last edited:

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010

You need to get real mate - we are playing football at least and not the percentage game of getting it forward quickly we were under Adams last year - we'll be fine there are 4 worst teams in this division than us and then there is Gillingham. We need to support Bloom/Poyet and not whinge like little girls when things do not go as we think they should/:dunce:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
but we DID sign players this window. Carole, Painter, Calderon and Holroyd.

that's 4 in and 2 out (mclard and davies)

not a bad bit of business.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't really see the need to panic. The players we have bought in so far have improved the squad, although I probably wouldn't have gone for Carole myself.

As Poyet says on the official site, there is no point in bringing in players for the sake of it. He targeted a few players and that obviously failed. I think, as long as the football continues improving we'll be safe. We do, however need to come up with a creative solution to make the players feel more at home at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here