Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures

Ticket Exchange

We appreciate that even for season-ticket holders there are days when they can't take their seat at the Amex, perhaps due to special occasions, unavoidable work commitments or family holidays.

With that in mind, this season, the club will introduce a new ticket exchange, which will allow season-ticket holders to make their seats available to other supporters.

Season-ticket holders will be able to make seats available at any time, but they will only be made available to the general public as and when the club's allocation of matchday tickets sells out.

Then if and when a season-ticket holder's seat is sold, they will receive a rebate to their Seagulls e-cash account at the following rates of the pro-rata price they paid for their season ticket.

- Auto-Cup Scheme Members: 80%
- Season-Ticket Holders: 75%

NB: The exchange will become active in the first instance once the club's allocation of match-to-match tickets sell out.

Where does it say that?

When you login to you account it says this.

Ticket Exchange

Welcome to the new Brighton Hove Albion Ticket Exchange.

Season Ticket Holder? Unable to attend a game?
We understand that there may be some times where you cannot attend a league game, due to holidays, fixture changes or other commitments. If so, don't let your ticket go to waste - you can now use our ticket exchange to release your ticket for resale and have the chance of earning credit against the cost of next year's season ticket.

How it Works:
Please select any 'Booked' seat from the list below that you cannot attend and click continue. Once you have confirmed, we will deactivate your smartcard for the selected game, therefore your card will no longer allow you to gain entry for that particular game. You will be sent a confirmation email to verify the release of your seat.

If your seat is successfully resold you will recieve a credit. The credit value is 50% of the match ticket price at which your release seat is sold. Please note your price category as a season ticket holder does not determine the credit value issued.
If your seat is resold the relevant credit value will be held in your account until a specified date and then deducted from the season ticket renewal price for the following seaason.
Status Key:
You can access this page at any time to view the status of any ticket exchanges.
Booked: Your seat which is available to return
Returned: Returned seat which has not yet been resold. You can recalim this seat for no fee by selecting this seat for rebook
Re-sold: Your seat has been resold by the club. Your credit is displayed in your purchase History

Hmmm. Which is it, then?

The first one makes much more sense than the second.

I have my seat and two kids' seats in the family stand. The 2 kids seats work out at about £4 each or something. Often I don't bring them for a night game.

If I release the kid's ones, and they are sold to 1 adult + 1 child, 50% of that value would be FAR more than I paid for the two seats.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
75% of the season ticket price or 50% of the full match ticket price... aren't they about the same thing??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
75% of the season ticket price or 50% of the full match ticket price... aren't they about the same thing??

Not if I release a £4 kid's ticket, and its sold to an adult for £37...

The credit value is 50% of the match ticket price at which your release seat is sold. Please note your price category as a season ticket holder does not determine the credit value issued.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here